Who/What are the worst party members ever in your opinion?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Who/What are the worst party members ever in your opinio

Post by dubiousdisc »

Neo: The species is something called a Koosanya or somethingother, not sure if it's meant to be a seal, walrus, manatee, hamster or wtf, I'm not even sure if there was some joke that I didn't get behind this character...
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

dubiousdisc wrote:Crystal: Though at least that doesn't apply to Pokémon, isn't it? :P Your favorites seem well-rounded enough to me!
I think even if my favorite Pokemon sucked I'd still use them. But yeah, it does seem that way, doesn't it? xD I was thinking more along the lines of Fire Emblem though when trying to find an answer as there are tons of characters within that series.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

Also I just thought of another one: Cielo from Digital Devil Saga (which, again pains me as much as Selphie does because he's just plain adorable as a character) because OF THAT FREAKING WEAKNESS TO STATUS CHANGES AND EVERYONE ELSE ONLY HAS ONE ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS BUT NO YOU HAD TO HAVE IT TO ALL STATUS CHANGES SO BASICALLY YOU HAVE MULTIPLE WEAKNESSES INSTEAD OF ONLY ONE!!! *____*

(sorry, that got out of hand a bit)
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I haven't really had any complaints with recent games maybe because I just replace whoever I don't want in my party. I guess some characters from Final Fantasy IV: After Years felt useless, but I paid them little mind. Luca and the dolls, but I mostly just ignored them. I don't mind Magikarp, he's a loveable comic relief. XD I'm sure there were other characters I didn't like, but I probably ignored them and eventually forgot them. I never leveled Rinoa either, though it was the battle and leveling system in FFVIII as a whole that I didn't like.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Todd wrote:Image
Choked on my drink laughing. BEST. XD

For me, I always found it hard to use Mallow and Geno late-game in Super Mario RPG. After Mallow's story arc is over, and especially after Princess Toadstool joins the party, he's kinda useless, even though I like his attacks and he's a fluffy cute bunny cloud. He's just not the best at anything... :/

And Geno, while having all the super-flashy attacks (including the one that can get 9999 damage when the planets align, and you hold your mouth right, AND you press the button at the exact right time)...sigh. Is it just me, or does he just not do that much damage otherwise?
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Me. I sometimes mess up and it drives me up the wall, especially when it's something so blatantly obvious.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Camy wrote:Me. I sometimes mess up and it drives me up the wall, especially when it's something so blatantly obvious.
LOL, me too...poor Mario has died so many times because of my derps (or just stupidity). :P
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Someone else who played Super Mario RPG!!!!! Ehem... sorry about my little outburst, it's one of my top favorites.

As much as I liked Geno, he was the one that always got removed first and never got added back. ^^;; Though in comparison to characters from other games, he was still pretty good.

I would say that Han from Phantasy Star IV was pretty useless, though watching him get picked on by the quick witted Alys was kind of worth it. Rune on the other hand has no excuse for needing to equip two shields to survive. I like him and all, but he's supposed to be tougher than that based on what they make him sound as.

Actually the same can be said about Selan from the original Lufia II, she's supposed to be way stronger than Tia, but I always found Tia's magic to be much more useful. Selan had more hp and def, but not enough to make her an effective physical fighter, plus they claimed her specialty was magic anyway. I have no idea how this compares to the remake, as I only played the original (Dekar looked better with blue hair!)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Mikari wrote:Someone else who played Super Mario RPG!!!!! Ehem... sorry about my little outburst, it's one of my top favorites.

As much as I liked Geno, he was the one that always got removed first and never got added back. ^^;; Though in comparison to characters from other games, he was still pretty good.
YEP! That's pretty much what happened with me--every playthrough I'd end up using Mario/Toadstool/Bowser for almost the last half of the game, LOL. I <3 SMRPG...SUCH an awesome game, with so many little Easter eggs and downright fun stuff. :)
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

CuriousLittleBird wrote:
Mikari wrote:Someone else who played Super Mario RPG!!!!! Ehem... sorry about my little outburst, it's one of my top favorites.

YEP! That's pretty much what happened with me--every playthrough I'd end up using Mario/Toadstool/Bowser for almost the last half of the game, LOL. I <3 SMRPG...SUCH an awesome game, with so many little Easter eggs and downright fun stuff. :)
Have you guys played the sequels: the Mario and Luigi games? Partners in Time, Bowser's Inside Story, etc.