Alternative Shrines

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
SnowRayjah

Re: Alternative Shrines

Post by SnowRayjah »

Aku, I'd also love to see it. I was thinking if expanding my Hijijkata shrine to include extra sections. I want to compare the roles he's had in various things but my time is short and the list is long.

And yes, citations are a huge pain! Two of my sites have them because they started out as school projects. So I totally understand that. It is a little different writing for sites, but using papers can be fun!
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Ah, I ended up never answering to this! Yeah, I have the Egyptian Vulture page, and I used to have one about weasels (archived here, maybe one day I'll bring it back). I'd love to make more things like this. I am interested in a lot of things, so I wouldn't have any issue picking things to write about. There's also the bonus that the final result ends up being more...suitable for ending up in a portfolio, I think. I don't think they get any less visitors, though - I've seen big name web designers make their own magazine-like series of articles, each one with a different layout, and I've seen them featured all over the internet. If something, I think they are more enjoyable by people who know nothing about the subject.

EVERYONE SHOULD MAKE ONE, IT'S AWESOME

and Destinie, you should DEFINITELY bring Lamassu back and make the Cheetahs one!
Aku

Post by Aku »

Destinie wrote:@Aku that sounds really cool! I would love to read something like that! :D
SnowRayjah wrote:Aku, I'd also love to see it. I was thinking if expanding my Hijijkata shrine to include extra sections. I want to compare the roles he's had in various things but my time is short and the list is long.
Glad to hear it's of interest! I agree though Snow, it's a looot of work! :ack2: It'd be nice to have the time to write and analyze all that, but I'm pretty sure that something like that is bound to feel like a term paper after awhile... XD
dubiousdisc wrote:I've seen big name web designers make their own magazine-like series of articles, each one with a different layout, and I've seen them featured all over the internet. If something, I think they are more enjoyable by people who know nothing about the subject.
This is something I've really been wanting to do myself, too! Web-zine of sorts. XD While I would love to think about it as more portfolio piece as well, it'd be fun to do one that was more shrine based too. Being able to feature great articles from any of our shrines would be really awesome, and maybe even a good way to promote shrines and have people read essays (and think about how we write our essays) in a different context.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

So it hasn't been updated in a while but my Lamassu shrine still lives: http://love-gala.org/lamassu/ xD
I'll relink it on the domain at some point in time...I like what some people are doing now with one-page shrine collectives. :D
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

IT'S BACK!! YAAAY
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

8D i need to go through and update all my poor grammar. YUCK I don't think I have touched the text since like 2009...
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@aku I'm sure you could get really creative with it so it didn't feel like a class project :3
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Destinie wrote:So it hasn't been updated in a while but my Lamassu shrine still lives: http://love-gala.org/lamassu/ xD
I'll relink it on the domain at some point in time...I like what some people are doing now with one-page shrine collectives. :D
Woo hoo! It's back! \o/
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

:D Aw I'm so glad to see people like this site! ♥