All Sites Are Not Created Equal

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Todd

All Sites Are Not Created Equal

Post by Todd »

List your current sites from favorite to least favorite. If you could only keep three of your sites, which three would you keep? Are they your three favorites? Discuss.
Todd

Re: All Sites Are Not Created Equal

Post by Todd »

1. Somewhere Only We Know
2. Ripples
3. Breathe Drew
4. This Fateful Hour
5. Requiem
6. Solitaire
7. Poltergeist
8. Silent Lucidity

The three sites I would keep, in order, are:
1. Poltergeist
2. Breathe Drew
3. Solitaire

The reason I'd keep these three are because I get the most visitor response from them, and because I would have to have some diversity if I'm only going to have three sites to work on. They couldn't all be Final Fantasy sites or what have you.

Poltergeist is THE Todd site to a lot of people, though I feel like it needs the most work out of all of my sites. That's just because it's so old and my standards have changed, though, and I still love Tidus and that site enough that it's eventually going to be fixed up to my liking. Come on FFX-HD release!

I'm obsessed with Drew Barrymore, and a Drew Barrymore site has always been an online dream of mine. Breathe Drew will never go anywhere.

Solitaire brings back nostalgia from my childhood. Although it's not as in-depth as some of my other sites (because Knuckles just isn't as deep as an RPG character, for example), I'm pretty proud of my Knuckles site, and I regularly get reached out about it from Sonic fans. I need to work on it more.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Not counting one pages...
1 Reset
2 Way Cool
3 iHime
4 Surreptitious
5 Golden Phoenix

I would keep...
1 Reset
2 Way Cool
3 iHime

They're not the biggest but they're the ones that stand out the most because of the characters they focus on. Puella Magi is one one my favorite anime and it has a very interesting story, which means more to write about. Boshi and Vi are both special characters too, they're linked to anime/games I've enjoyed for many years. :)
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

1. Asunder
2. The Godfather
3. Flight
4. Lucky Cat
5. Paladin
6. Rock Steady
7. Space Ace
8. Soothsay
9. Penumbra

I would keep:

1. The Godfather
2. Flight
3. Lucky Cat

I think my favorite is Asunder, at least one of my favorites, because I like how different it is. But I would keep these because I feel like they illustrate my skills or shrine standards that I want to showcase. I also feel like they are the most fleshed-out and in depth of my shrines. (There are a couple I also love, like Paladin, but I feel like it needs to be somewhat updated again.) I feel like these three are also most current with my standards.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hehe, I have to agree with all of your choices.

(Splitting the Quake site in its one-pagers for the sake of precision:)
  1. Anger
  2. Roller Queen
  3. Vulture
  4. I AM²
  5. Cyberpunk
  6. Spark Needle
  7. Lithovore
  8. Dark Claws
I would keep:
  1. Anger
  2. Roller Queen
  3. I AM²
Anger just happens to flow better than any other site that I've made in terms of content. Roller Queen because of the whole visual project behind it, and I AM² because she's a very important character to me and every word I wrote about her was very, very heartfelt.

I wish Cyberpunk could be higher in the list! I loved to write it, but after remaking Roller Queen I feel like it could be so much more. At some point I'll have to touch it again.
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

1. Antihero
2. Fair Verona
3. Awakening
4. Boundless
5. Infelicitas
6. Sen no Kotoba
7. Driven

(#5-7 aren't even on my radar anymore. I'm not even sure why I'm linking them.)

I would keep...
1. Antihero
2. Boundless
3. Fair Verona

#1 is kind of obvious; I feel like this site kind of defines my presence in the community, or whatever's left of it. It's also the one I've worked the hardest on over the course of 9 years (I feel old).

#2 Gets a lot of traffic, and consequently, the most visitor feedback. I've received several personal emails from random people thanking me for my essays. It's not nearly as popular anymore, but I feel like it's affected more people on how they think about the character.

#3 is my most complete site and it's also the one I got the most outside support from. I involved a lot of my friends--online and irl--to help me make the site. I think that the people who help you build your sites are really important, and this one reminds me that I wouldn't even be around if it weren't for the support from the people around me.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

1. Heart of Glass
2. Blue Bird
3. Forever & A Lifetime
4. Into the Black
5. Darker than Winter
6. Defining Hero
7. Fragile Bird
8. Skeleton King
9. Imitation
10. Azalea
11. Flare Up
12. In The Chaos
13. Afternoon Tea
14. Protector

I would Keep....

1. Into the Black
2. Forever & A Lifetime
3. Defining Hero

Why?

Into the Black, previously Lost Heart, is my dedication to Axel from Kingdom Hearts. Axel has ALWAYS and always will be my favorite character of all time. Though I haven't updated his stuff in forever, he was the first site I got back online after I lost everything from dark-ocean.net. It took me forever, but I tried my best to have new pages and new ideas. I worked the hardest on his media section and making the KH gallery page simply because I knew I'd have so many pictures. I should really revamp him soon... At least a new layout!

Forever & a Life Time is a site to a couple I newly fell in love with! Naoki and Kotoko are so cute. I started off with the manga, which I couldn't stop reading, and when I found out it stopped because the author had died, I went right to the anime that was completed. I worked really hard on my timeline for them and I over all really like how I tried something different for once by making a couple site, not just a one-pager. I just feel really accomplished! It is also one of my greatest hits on my domain!

Finally Defining Hero is my brand new site to Junpei. I love him. I always will! I was so happy when I finally got him online. Although I do have some things in mind that I'd like to add to a few pages, and some more gallery, I never want to close this site after all the years it took me to put him online!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

1. fullmetal
2. Little Black Lord
3. Soul Bound
4. Uprising
5. The Oppressor
6. Redemption
7. Red Warrior
8. First Flame

-

1. Fullmetal
2. The Oppressor
3. Little Black Lord
aminuet .。. king
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

This made me think a lot! Also good lord I run a lot of sites. It never seems like that many on my site page but listing them makes it seem way longer.
  1. DIVIDE
  2. Un Día de Victoria
  3. Fracture
  4. Light of Judgment
  5. Defiers of Fate
  6. Anamnesis
  7. 20 years old
  8. vive memor leti
  9. Beyond the Sky
  10. Atropos/death wish
  11. Imprison
  12. Fury Cutter
  13. Never Stop Dreaming
  14. Heaven's Requiem
  15. uncontrol
  16. Shape the Future
It's hard to order them when I have so many so I may come back to this later and think that the order is wrong but eh. Also one of my sites is in the middle of being revamped and is getting a rename so I listed both names.

Also the only one I actually dislike is Shape the Future. The rest is ordering for the sake of the meme.

The ones I'd keep...
  1. DIVIDE
  2. Fracture
  3. Light of Judgment
1) I think DIVIDE is my best site; it's certainly one I had a ton of fun making. I had specific goals I wanted to meet when I set out to make it and I hit those goals by the time I finished it. I'm really happy with how it turned out and I'm very fond of it.

2) This site is tricky for me because it's for a character in an ongoing series, and right after I put it up, half of my content got retconned. Right now I can't even revamp it until the current season ends to avoid getting retconned again. But if I had to give everything else up, this is the site I'd keep. Wash is my favorite character ever (of all time), and his character development is my very favorite in any form of media. No-brainer.

3) My oldest site, and also very in need of a revamp, haha. But Kefka's been my favorite villain for years and years, and even if this site isn't in very good condition now I'd want to keep it and improve this site to the condition I know it can be. :heh: Plus I would be me if I didn't keep a villain site :heart:

While my Lopez site is high on my list of favorites, it's mostly because that site makes me laugh, and not because I see it as a serious project. I like silly websites and that's the silliest one I've made... yet. (I have another one in the works that's a contender.) I also would want to only keep one RvB project.
tonight fate is the
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

1. Skies over Atlas
2. Robin's Favorite Video Games (temporary title)
3. College Knowledge
4. A Little British TV Shows Fansite (temporary title)
5. Crooked Glasses
6. The Gamer's Repose
7. /faith (doesn't really have a name yet lol)
8. Robin's Webdesign Help (temporary title)
9. @Austara's Official Character Files

If I had to keep just three online:

1. Skies over Atlas. This site is the work of four years, and has become a lit torch for the #SaveCoH movement since the game's untimely closing in 2012. There are a lot of great memories and fond hopes wrapped up in this baby!

2. Crooked Glasses. This blog has a TON of articles (over 1,000! *Super Saiyan hair*), all on such varied topics that there's always something new to explore. I'd hate to see that taken down when I've worked so hard on it.

3. REALLY HARD CHOICE, but College Knowledge. This is one of the flagship sites of withinmyworld.org, even for my real-life friends who have no other interest in my online work. I started compiling it in my sophomore year of college (2004-2005) and continue to update it even now as an "adventures in adulthood" advice site.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org