Egyptian Vulture

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Egyptian Vulture

Post by dubiousdisc »

I did write about this earlier in the "what are you making" thread, but why not self-promote, I suppose.

Presenting a one-page about one of my favorite animals, the Egyptian Vulture. I needed a writing sample for a thing, so I decided to write about something I already wanted to elaborate on and package it nicely, which resulted in this page. I used a format that's different from the rest of my stuff - it's really more of a standalone article.

The purpose of this page is to introduce interesting things about this animal; I didn't want to go overboard with details, which is why the page is relatively short and without pictures. However, I did put in my references at the end, so if someone wants to read or see more about each of the things I wrote about they can just follow there.

As a side note, the reason why I am so interested in this animal is that I hail from one of the few places in Italy where these birds still nest, so I've always had a close relationship to them. However, I have to say that I didn't know about many of the things I ended up writing about, so by working on this project I ended up researching and learning a lot of new things. If someone around here is pondering to write about something that's not "traditionally" fandom, allow me to give you a push towards doing so!
Destinie

Re: Egyptian Vulture

Post by Destinie »

AHHH this is awesome! (I totally wanted to do one for Cheetahs forever and never did...) I love love love love it. Especially how you talk about the animal and how it is seen in other cultures. The vulture needs more love. <3
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

First off, AWESOME. I love love love how bright it is! That being said I also love the presentation (black on white is a personal favorite - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKS). And I love that everything is broken into easy to read paragraphs. The information is concise and I like that it explains quite a bit, but also leaves room for the reader to research if they so choose! I am also really fond of the splash of yellow.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

dubs, this is awesome. :heart: I really enjoyed it, all of it. The content is easy to read and it's very interesting. I love mythology so it's great that you talk about the Egyptian Vulture in relation to that. I also like how you bring attention to this species' (very unfortunate) endangered status. And the layout is just wonderful, of course. Like Snow, I love the splash of yellow.

You're really making me want to make an animal site again... :x
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

this is cool :) very original subject since it's not a character, you did really well
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Thank you very much!

Destinie and Sarah: PLEASE MAKE THESE SITES AT SOME POINT! Frankly, I don't see why there shouldn't be more sites about favorite things that are not fictional!