Stormfall (Aqua)

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Samantha

Stormfall (Aqua)

Post by Samantha »

Ahhh after about three months of "seriously" working on this, Stormfall is finally completed! Despite what it probably looks like, I actually put a lot of work into this site. My writing tone is kind of different though, so I worry it seems scattered and...I'm not really sure. I just feel like I ended up rambling and maybe even ranting a bit. It's strange because in the past I've tended to approach websites in the same way I would approach essays for school, but for some reason with Aqua I just wrote whatever came to mind. ;; I feel a bit unsettled because it's different but at the same time, I'm glad I got all my thoughts out that I wanted to. Worst comes to worst, I can reorganize it later on.

In any case, Stormfall is a tribute to Aqua from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. She ended up being one of my favorite characters of all time and I really enjoyed spending so much time thinking about her over the past few months. I only hope I was able to do her some justice. :)
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Re: Stormfall (Aqua)

Post by Megan »

LOOKS AWESOME but i told you that while you were working. Glad to see you got it up! I'm even more glad to see you've found yourself a new favorite character ~!! Good job!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Megan wrote:LOOKS AWESOME but i told you that while you were working. Glad to see you got it up! I'm even more glad to see you've found yourself a new favorite character ~!! Good job!
Thanks! Couldn't have done it without your motivation the past few days~
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

SAMANTHA.

<3

OH MAN, I love love love this. You went through such great depths to talk about Aqua, I love, in fact that your tone is lighter and more friendly than formal school writing. I think this shows and affection and fondness. I particularly like the in-depth sections about friendships and how much it does pain her to say some of the things she says. She really does value her friendships (and I've been feeling like she was harsh to Terra without meaning to be, but you can always tell when she realizes). I'm also really glad you touched up on her naivety and how she can no longer define the world in black and whites.

<3

Suppose I should get my Terra site moving now, yes? D;
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

so much detail *.* you did an amazing job! I really like how in depth you went about Aqua's character and how she changes through her journey.
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

@Snow: Thank you so much! I'm really glad that you enjoyed it since I know you've played her story and know her as well as I do. :) AND YES YOU NEED TO GET TERRA UP SO WE CAN DO OUR AWESOME TRIO PARTNERSHIP.

@Mikari: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. ^^
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Ahh I'm having trouble keeping up with all the shrines people are posting! >///< I was reading through this today, Samantha, it's really good! (I love so many of your shrines!) I particularly enjoyed the essay where you discuss her appearance and talk about her as a strong female lead. It was very intriguing. I've only ever played the first KH so whenever I read about it I am confused. XD; The story just sounds really involved and seems that it jumps around everywhere. But your shrine is clear and straight-forward, so I appreciate that! :D

Well done. Thanks for sharing!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

THERE WAS SO MUCH STUFF TO READ! I enjoyed though. Reading what you had to say about Aqua made me understand her a little more. And it gave me some ideas for Ven. I'm trying to get him made, he's just not working it. Stormfall is fantastic.
;o; *** pew! pew!