Most Influential Shrines

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Destinie

Re: Most Influential Shrines

Post by Destinie »

@Cherri cool! I'm curious to see how it will go :)
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

This is cheesy but my sister Samantha really influenced me to start webdesign. I used to watch her play video games and watch anime and I fell in love with the games and shows as well. Over time of watching her create small sites to Kari from Digimon, etc, I knew I wanted to join in and that is definitely what got me started. The bonding time between the two of us also pushed it along. Now a days I find myself motivated by sites that have a lot of media. I feel like media sections make me interested, and lots of pictures on information sites. xD
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

So many sites that have influenced me and old and gone, haha. The biggest one was a domain called aftershock.org I think? It had a bunch of Zelda shrines, including one to Link called Fairy Boy. I admired that collective so much. Another site that inspired me was DoubleNegative, which I'm happy to see is still alive. It's remained a thorough and creative shrine and one I consider to be a model fansite. And I'll always remember finding Alex and Aeryvae's domains back in the day and being completely wowed by their designs (and I still am!), which inspired me to be creative with my own shrine layouts and content.
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Michelle: I always thought that your designs had something in them that is also in Alex's designs, so this explains it! It's a good thing when inspiration sources show through, it means that you've caught the "spirit" of what appeals so much to you and adapted it to your own style. (If I am making any sense?)
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Aww cool :swt2:. I really like the way Alex uses geometric shapes and sharpens/pixelates images kinda, so I've tried that out in my own designs.
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.