Have you had any interesting contacts from owning a shrine?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Destinie

Re: Have you had any interesting contacts from owning a shri

Post by Destinie »

Crystal wrote:I can't say I have. At least none that I remember. :(
Really? I used to visit your websites a lot in the past, before I started shrining again. xD Must just be people who are too shy but are admiring what you made. :3
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

(I think this would count.) When I was first into making shrines, around 10-12 years ago, I made a site to Veemon of Digimon. A girl who had a Digimon site of her own (it was either for Impmon or Veemon as well) emailed me to ask about affiliating. I agreed to it, but our contact didn't end there. We talked back and forth and eventually we decided to write to each other via snail mail. (I guess that would have been considered risky, but I trusted her and it turned out to be perfectly fine.) So, we became pen pals and wrote each other letters as well as drew pictures for each other. This continued for years! It was really nice to have made a friend like that, and it happened because of my shrine. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Sarah, awwwww that is so sweet! I love it! That's a shrine success story in my opinion. xD
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I actually kind of have one. This girl emailed me and asked for a link exchange/affiliation for our main domains. She found me through Mikari. That's really my only story.

@Sarah: Thats so awesome!
;o; *** pew! pew!
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

I met a lot of my older online friends through my early sites. We'd leave Guestbook entries for each other and crap like that. I'm still friends with quite a few of those people today, and I owe it all to my terrible Tripod-hosted animu sites.

I think the weirdest thing I've stumbled upon has been several LJ entries a girl wrote about me saying how much she wanted us to meet and how she was sure we'd be BFFs... after visiting my (now closed) Akihabara Dennou Gumi character site. I didn't even know how to take that lol.

The most awesome contact a fansite has helped me established was with Yazawa Nao, the mangaka for Wedding Peach. She emailed me after seeing my fansite and we've exchanged contact ever since. She even sent me some lovely gifts when I was still a teenager. It took me a couple of hours to fully appreciate it was her when she emailed me initially though! I couldn't believe one of the creators of a series would email little old me about my terribly designed fansite! We're still friends now, she's an absolutely lovely woman and I have my Wedding Peach sites to thank for our friendship~ :)
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Shiori That is so cool about Yazawa Nao! I bet she was thrilled to see someone in another country who loved her work enough to build an entire fansite dedicated to one of her characters! (It's definitely one of my favs, too!) It's also so rare for an artist to reach out to a shrine owner! :D

Re: LJ Girl wow! I used to have e-crushes on shrine owners back in the day, but writing several entries seems a little intense!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Oh my GOD SHIORI
that is SO AWESOME :DDDDD

So it DOES happen that sometimes creators write to fans!!!!
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I just got one from my Ulquiorra domain, http://ulquiorra.org/
hey Ulquiorra I'm a big fan of yours!! I'm writing a story about you.... i would like to meet you in person and see for myself if u r really real. I really hope that u are!
I oddly wanted to reply back as Ulquiorra because she sounds so happy even if she knows that it's really not Ulquiorra she's sending this to. It really shows just how realistic characters can be.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

That's both really adorable and really weird XD
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Aww, Camy! That's so cute!