fragile bird - one page shrine to retasu (tmm)

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan
Freelance Staffer

fragile bird - one page shrine to retasu (tmm)

Post by Megan »

So this is my first one-pager, and it was actually a spur-of-the-moment type of deal, but I am pretty happy with how it came out! I was inspired by Destinie to do this so I'll give her a big thank you shout out! I wasn't going to make a shrine to any individual character, just my main general site, but when she asked me if I was I just started a layout and went on from there!

Tokyo Mew Mew isn't really popular anymore, so I doubt many people will find this little shrine, but I am content with it and still have a love for the anime/manga series!

So here it is, my first ever one-pager, Fragile Bird :D

Let me know what you think!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Yuzuki

Re: fragile bird - one page shrine to retasu (tmm)

Post by Yuzuki »

What a lovely tribute! Even if I haven't seen TMM your site has enough info on why Retasu is a great character. You even have info on her fused animal! Maybe when I have some free time I'll check the series out. Good job!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Congrats on your first one-pager and thanks for sharing with us! I hope you had a lot of fun doing it! I think one-page shrines are so nice. ~:3

Lettuce was one of my favorites from the series. (I really like the chapter when they first met her.)

I like what you chose to write about, especially the part about Lettuce x Ryuu- I only saw 1 episode of the anime so that was new, and interesting!, to me.

I have a couple suggestions (that you can take or leave, if you like~):

-In the paragraph where you discuss Ryuu and Keiichiro, it might helpful to have a small picture of them and maybe a little longer paragraph. They are briefly mentioned at the beginning of your paragraph about the porpoise (which I really like! I didn't know anything about that animal, except that it was endangered. XD).

-I see a couple typos here and there.

Also, do you have any idea where the inspiration for Lettuce's ribbon decorations came from? I never understood that about her design. |D;
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

It looks so pretty. I've heard about Tokyo Mew Mew but I've never read/seen it myself. Looks like I'll have to add it to my list. <3 ^-^ I liked your opinions on her. It's great when a character is developed and you can see it.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Yuzuki - Thank you so much! Tokyo Mew Mew is definitely a cute and easy read for anyone. I would recommend it! Just stay away from the English-made anime Mew Mew Power... If you are more interested in watching rather than reading I would just watch Tokyo Mew Mew with English sub titles :3

@Destinie - Thank you so much!! I took some of your posts into consideration. I've added a small picture of Ry & Keich for people to see what they look like, which was a good idea because they are the founding fathers of the "Mew Mew's" :3 I've added some more information about them as well.

I am going through once again and looking for some small typos, which i have found a bunch! I guess that is what I get for writing a lot of this at 2-4 am haha.

I will look into the ribbon thing later, if I find it I will let you know! It seems like her transformation in the anime is semi-Hispanic like do to her castanets and she always claps them together... so maybe they play with that idea more. I know the long white strands are just her antennas that are coming off her head that wrap around her legs, but for the ribbons on her castanets I am not sure!

@Cherri - Thank you so much! I had a lot of fun making this mini shrine to Retasu, and I learned a lot about her character while making it! She is definitely a good one to pay attention to if you do end up reading/watching Tokyo Mew Mew :3 <3
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I read bits and pieces of it when I saw the submission in my inbox and although I'm not that familiar with the series I very much enjoyed it. And congrats on your first one page shrine! It's pretty rocking! <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Megan aah Hispanic! I didn't even pick up on that when I read it, but that could make sense (??). I was just always confused by them. And I'm glad that you found some of my suggestions helpful. >///<
Todd

Post by Todd »

I haven't heard of the series, but the shrine looks great! I like how in-depth you managed to get on a one pager.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

the shrine is so cute! :) I need to get around to watching this anime in the near future.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Crystal - Thank you so much! I love emotion and such so i decided to join/link it right away! You got a sneak peek ;)

@Destinie - That is just my guess but it seems sort of reasonable! And of course! I am always open to suggestions to make visiting my pages more exciting/fun for everyone!

@Todd - Thanks ! I am pretty content with how it came out as well! I had a hard time grasping the fact that I did not need to make separate pages at first, but I do like one-pagers a lot now!

@Mikari - Thanks so much! Yeah, you definitely should! It's very cute :)