Wounded - Linus Reed Tribute

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
SnowRayjah

Re: Wounded - Linus Reed Tribute

Post by SnowRayjah »

Megan, thank you! I wanted to try and add some pictures because I generally go for TEXTHEAVY. And I wanted to give my reads a little something. I thought it would make the page a little more spiffy. xD I don't know, it seemed like a good idea. I'm also thankful it seems organized!
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Aw yeah Snow! More Fire Emblem!!!

One tiny edit: I love that you used the mini head icons and I was all :DDD at them, but I noticed that the last four are blurry. I checked and it's because you specified a width and height for them that's not the one of the actual pictures. Either remove the html width and height or make them match and all of them will be crisp again. :)
Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki »

Great site, Snow! I like that you and Cherri did sibling shrines for Lloyd and Linus. They are both informative and complement each other well.

I join the chorus of people loving the cute character sprites. ^_^
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Hey Snow~ I was able to read over your shrine. Nice job!

I was wondering if you had though about providing a bit of backstory on the game and character into the shrine? I think that helps to get a sense of the character. I also think maybe providing some snapshots from the game would help enhance the experience? These are just some of my initial thoughts.

I think your shrine is really well-written and I enjoyed reading through it! :) Thanks for sharing!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Dubious: THANK YOU. For some reason, I thought the blur was just me. xD They should be nice and crisp now.

Yuzuki: Thanks very much dear. :D

Destinie: Hmmm, to be honest, I don’t enjoy using a lot of images and snapshots. I know the site is for my viewers too, but I really prefer the look of text to images. As for back story for the game, Linus is such a small role for antagonist, but I think it would help to add more information about Nergal and the Black Fang. Probably why Linus was fighting Eliwood in the first place. I certainly don’t mind adding more information, as the “Black Fang” section is very small but shouldn’t be. I need to add more to it, but right now I lack time. So for now, it’ll probably stay as is. I want to add more information for the Black Fang because that’s such a large part of Linus’s life but I definitely don’t want to add images or snapshots.

Here’s a question for you, am I missing any key elements or anything you think should be added? For instance was there anything confusing or something missing that made your experience frustrating or less enjoyable?
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

SnowRayjah wrote:Dubious: THANK YOU. For some reason, I thought the blur was just me. xD They should be nice and crisp now.

Yuzuki: Thanks very much dear. :D

Destinie: Hmmm, to be honest, I don’t enjoy using a lot of images and snapshots. I know the site is for my viewers too, but I really prefer the look of text to images. As for back story for the game, Linus is such a small role for antagonist, but I think it would help to add more information about Nergal and the Black Fang. Probably why Linus was fighting Eliwood in the first place. I certainly don’t mind adding more information, as the “Black Fang” section is very small but shouldn’t be. I need to add more to it, but right now I lack time. So for now, it’ll probably stay as is. I want to add more information for the Black Fang because that’s such a large part of Linus’s life but I definitely don’t want to add images or snapshots.

Here’s a question for you, am I missing any key elements or anything you think should be added? For instance was there anything confusing or something missing that made your experience frustrating or less enjoyable?
Ah, that's ok, I understand. ^^ I'm just one of those people that see pictures and go "ooh shiny!" but I understand the idea of being text-centric. I think adding more about Black Fang would be helpful. Those were just some impressions I had when I visited so I hope you don't feel pressured to change anything! ;o;
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Destinie wrote:Ah, that's ok, I understand. ^^ I'm just one of those people that see pictures and go "ooh shiny!" but I understand the idea of being text-centric. I think adding more about Black Fang would be helpful. Those were just some impressions I had when I visited so I hope you don't feel pressured to change anything! ;o;
I feel no pressure to change anything! I know the Black Fang section is lacking and I want to update it. I appreciate your impressions and you feeling comfortable enough to tell me your thoughts! I cannot improve (as a writer or a shriner) if I don't allow myself to take feedback. I agree that I need more information for the site (specifically the Black Fang section, I am honestly quite content with most of the other sections); I'm just also struggling with where to add it (and when). I look for excuses to write - trust me, there's no problem there. The reason I asked follow up questions was to see what you thought might be missing (like if I missed obvious details or ideas that you thought would make the site clearer and more enjoyable).

That being said, I enjoy feedback and constructive criticism. And if I didn't want feedback, I wouldn't have posted! So thank you, Destinie-dear. I appreciate it! I will add more information to the Black Fang because they play a large role as antagonists to the game. My main focus was merely following a Linus-centric outline.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Ah, ok! Thanks for letting me know (I was worried I came off the wrong way but so happy I didn't haha). ^_^ I will be looking forward to what you have to write!