What site are you currently working on?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: What site are you currently working on?

Post by Robin »

Ah ok! (Glad if I helped some!) A header image sounds cool--hoping for many bolts of inspiration! LOL
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Seeing as I'm having a massive layout block right now I'm working on content for my sites. Right now I'm working on a gallery section for Yrel because I have a ton of screenshots of her.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Working on the new Quake collective layout, so far I have this sketch
Image so the content area is that rhombus in the middle and the picture around is a mask, so you scroll and all that moves is the content in the middle.

Now I'm working on the actual picture:
Image I'm completely open as to how to display the shrines in a creative way down in the page, I'd want to have something different than how I have it now with just text links, if anyone has any input let me know :)
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

dubiousdisc wrote:I'm completely open as to how to display the shrines in a creative way down in the page, I'd want to have something different than how I have it now with just text links, if anyone has any input let me know :)
Hmm, my first thought was to have them in diamonds of their own -- something like the thing you have near the bottom center of the first image there, but with one of your sites in each of the diamonds. On hover or click you'd see the site title and maybe more information, depending on how you want to do it. Hopefully that makes sense?

Oooor you could just display them in a row of three lines with site titles, but with a diamond to the left with a picture of the characters. Idk, I just think you should definitely use that fantastic shape you have going on there.

Looks great so far! Can't wait to see the finished product :heart:
tonight fate is the
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

COOL ideas, Larissa! (Also, "diamonds of their own" sounds like a song title ^o^ -shot-)

I got to thinking about this a little, and came up with this illustration:
Image Basically, you'd have two different sizes of site "banners", which when arranged together around the title graphic would echo the general shape of the diamond without being too crazy to code. (My illustration might be a little off center--dang astigmatism--but it should be close enough to convey the idea :) ) Leaves room for a little expansion, too; if you add new sites, you can just make a smaller or larger banner and put it in wherever it will fit in the design ^_^
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Ah!! Maybe I didn't explain it that well but the thing is that the diamond is basically a hole, so there's the whole page underneath that scrolls, so where to put things is not really an issue as they will be under the title after you go down - more so how to organize them conceptually. I should have really explained this better! Sorry for wasting your time, Robin D: but thank you so much...

Larissa, I think you're on to something with the diamonds of their own (hehe) thing. I'LL GO TRY SOME THINGS!

- Edit: At least this thing made me realize that it's not immediately clear that you can scroll so I'll keep that in mind, heh.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

:heart:! Can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm sure it'll look super cool.

I've been hard at work coding up all the content for my FF12 site all week; I should be finished within a few more days. Out of curiosity I counted up all the pages I have total (now that I'm done with the galleries) and uh. The number is terrifying. I feel like I need to go lie down.
tonight fate is the
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Dubs: Oops! OK, I think I see what you're trying to accomplish now. I thought you were building a big one-page design thingy ^_^;

@Larissa: So code. Much pages. Wow :D Congrats on doing all that this week though!!

As for me, I have been a huge bump on a log this whole month...kinda can't work on websites while brain is all "OMG I MIGHT HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW SOON OMG OMG OMG". But at least I didn't have anything scheduled for March, LOL
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Robin: A reasonable assumption (and, well, it is all on one page), but this time there's SCROLLING involved! XD
AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW!! It's okay to be excited, but don't give yourself a stomachache, man.

Larissa please don't overwork yourself :(
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Making a shrine for a Pokemon I never ever thought I would make a shrine for.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.