CMS / Blogs

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Yuzuki

Re: CMS / Blogs

Post by Yuzuki »

@Destinie
Looking at that template you did make lots of changes!

@Sofia
Awesome work making WordPress your bitch (pardon the expression), but you really have made it your own. Everything is so pretty and organized. Do you use a normal WP or did you activate the WP Multisite?

Yea, since WP is constantly updating, keeping plug in updates might be a hassle. But seems like you have it all work out so that's great.
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Yuzuki wrote:Awesome work making WordPress your bitch (pardon the expression), but you really have made it your own. Everything is so pretty and organized. Do you use a normal WP or did you activate the WP Multisite?

Yea, since WP is constantly updating, keeping plug in updates might be a hassle. But seems like you have it all work out so that's great.
Customizing layouts is quite easy once you get the hang of it, but making templates from scratch is more difficult. I've tried to modify the comment template on my updates blog and it was a nightmare!

I think Multisite was the name used in old Wordpress versions, but yes that's what I have. Even though my sites aren't huge, being able to manage them from one control panel is great.

Yep at the moment I'm using many plugins…actually too many XD Some of them are active on all the sites, which is fine, but others are used on a site or two. Sometimes not even the whole website, but only a single page and that's probably an exaggeration. That's why I will make a huge spring cleaning operation soon to keep strictly the plugins I need and replaced the other ones.
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
anon

Post by anon »

I went with WordPress briefly to do updates for one of my old fan sites. Coding the layout was the most annoying part but it was a good tool (you had to jump at the updates though because I've seen nasty stuff happen to people who didn't update their sites) and it was easy to archive, control comments, and had a great option for those RSS junkies.