Otome Games

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
SnowRayjah

Re: Otome Games

Post by SnowRayjah »

I would love more otoge, though. I find them quite relaxing, and if I had to choose I'd like to pay total outright than in segments or waste time on the free apps that are available. I'm a reader. breaking up the reading into sections DOES NOT work for me, and I find it highly discouraging.

Mikari: Animal boyfriend is a little different, more like a tamogatchi or mini game. My fox boy is also sleeping. XD If your cat boy's name isn't Ryo, I'm going to be SO sad. My little foxy is named Touma. ;D Also, what is your cat boy's name? xD (Cherri has a bunny named Seiji)
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

lol it is Ryo *shock* shock* I'm leveling him so I can equip the Ryo hair I got him then I'll post pics. XD

I'm glad I don't have to feed him. I used to be so good with Tamagotchi but I'm pretty sure they would all die now. O.o;; Good boy Ryo, you have the sense to feed yourself before you die. *pets*
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

That is weird that it doesn't have a huge following in Japan, but I guess they got a lot of feedback to bring it to the west?

I adore Hakuouki. So. Much. Ironically, I got into it the day before the ps3 version came out and I literally lept on it and bought it. WELL worth buy. I love all the guys but Chikage (always the arrogant ones I swear) just literally cracks me up in his own route and other routes. In Saito's routes he is completely nutty and it got me curious about him as I played the other's routes. Still need to finish Heisuke's lol, oops.

I have the wolf for Animal Boyfriend but I really don't like how confusing the UI is and I can't stand taking care of something in otome games. I mean, sure, I can play sims and virtual pet games online plus, take care of my cat, but it's just so tedious. I just want the hot pixel man damnit! xD It's why I won't play the visual novels that require you to stat up. If I wanted to do that, I'll play MMOS like ArcheAge.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

lol XD I don't mind getting the stats up, though it is a bit slow in Animal Boyfriend, I can't even equip some of he items yet because of the level.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

*takes notes for otome game development* xDDD
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Oh yes! Don't make us wait to make the bishonen look how we want. Let him be something we want to stare at right from the start! :D But really with how handsome you draw men I don't think this will be an issue. *.* <3
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Yea, I don't mind the stat up, but I do mind that it takes so long. I wish there were other features that allowed for stats than just studying. I think working should also help stats go up (maybe not as high) but still offer a bit. In a game where I have to buy things, I like there to be a reasonable sell back price too. This way if I decide that I want to sell something or clean out my closet it's not a pain. My other issue is that selling back is tedious because I can only sell one item at a time (unless I have more than one of the particular item).

In addition to Mikari's let us dress our guys immediately how we want, don't offer items we can't wear! If there's a level requirement or something, have them show up when we hit that level. Like "You're level 10! New items opened up in the shop" same with stat boosts. This way I don't have to sob for a million years about all the really nice things my guy can't wear.

Camy, you're right! The UI was terrible at first. I just stared at it like "What am I even doing?" It's gotten less confusing, but there are still places I get lost and I can't navigate as easily as I want.

Does anyone know if there's a way to find friends? I found Cherri because we were able to "socialize" with the same person, but, I can't find Mikari. And I wouldn't even begin to know how or where to look.

Free Otome Games:
Points system is butts. I dislike being limited to 5 points a day. I read way too much for that to be anything interesting. I don't mind checkpoints, but they're usually so ridiculously high (one game went from 1, 7, 12 for the first guy's play through) and unless you pay for items it can take a million years to collect what you need even with log in bonuses and events. It's very demotivating and I've deleted apps for less.

So far Scarlet Fate + is doing a very decent job with checkpoints. They haven't required too many passports, and when they do it's been between 1-3. The issue here is that the story is so long that with just 5 points it is taking forever to get through.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

The stats, if they're easy to put up, then I'm fine, but when the UI gets in the way, then I just don't have the will to go through it.

Eeeee Scarlet Fate~ Iif you're impatient like i am, paid app is the way to go to pay for only $4.99 (sometimes they do have sales and differs where you live of course) with no checkpoints. I usually pay a lot for checkpoints in the free ones, so the paid app is the way to go for me unless the free one has a character I want. (Kodonomae, oh you sexy beast <3 So glad they released him on the paid app~!)
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I have no idea how to find friends. I've been socializing a lot and giving greats so maybe you'll see me on someone's list. I tried the friend link option thinking it'll look for friends based on my apple id, but it just showed me random people.

I need to try Scarlet Fate.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

I didn't know there was a paid version for Scarlet Fate!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! When I initially got the free version I couldn't find a paid version. Buh-bye free version! <3 Maybe I'll play through that this weekend. :D