Pokemon X and Y

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
SnowRayjah

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Post by SnowRayjah »

Dubs, I may never understand fairy type. Although, your description does make some sense. Perhaps the reason some are strictly fairy is due to the idea that most fairies or pixies have a natural affinity or closeness with plants. Flabébé specifically strikes me as living with or in flowers but not specifically being part of them. Fairies are often depicted as living in the wood or trees, etc. That's the best I can do though.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The Fairy legendary Xerneas when petrified looks like a great treat and is supposed to be a giver of life. Looks like a deer with more definitively branch antlers. So maybe there's just a part of nature or life that goes hand in hand with fairy types? This would be more of a life/nature more specifically than "grass" to be honest. Although that doesn't specifically fit into the trickster aspect of fairies at all.
If you find an explanation somewhere, Dubs, I'd love to see. ;w; Your list of favorites looks cool, I definitely agree about the sun frills. Plus you know, frilled lizards are just awesome.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'm curious about goomy since it's leveling requirements seem to be similar to dratini, and so I think that's awesome. But it also has the additional necessity of it having to be raining to get the last evolution. :3 I might try that out with a traded goomy though.
Crystal, ya! I use it a little on my Charizard when I wanna play with mega. 8D My charizard is BA no matter what. xD I can just see him being way OVER the top that mega seems like a nice next WAY OVER THE TOP move.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Dubiousdisc: Really? How odd. o.O

@Snow: I got to play with Mega Evolutions a bit last night with Lucario and Venusair and it is pretty awesome. Mega Venusaur also looks pretty badass. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

I still haven't tried talking to my Pokemon. Do you just talk in general and the mic picks it up?

Yeah, the mega is kinda fun to play with. But I don't use it frequently. I'm not sure what it does specifically, since I don't notice a boost in power or anything? So is it just for show...?
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Snow: I'm not entirely sure how it works. I've tried talking a few times and my Pokemon didn't react, but occasionally if I giggle they will react to it.

I think it's supposed to make your Pokemon stronger somehow but I'm not entirely sure. I've only used it maybe once or twice so I haven't played with it much.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I noticed that whistling seems to work pretty well to catch their attention.

Oh, it does make the Pokémon stronger - if their happiness is maxed up through the Amie they can spontaneously heal from statuses, survive hits that would faint them, and sometimes they look back to you, hehe.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Crystal: Thanks dear, I appreciate your feedback! :D

Dubs: OH! That sounds awesome. ;w; I've been neglecting Amie...D: Sometimes too many new features are hard for me to utilize. xD;
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Dubiousdisc: Too bad I can't whistle. xD

I wonder if that's why super training isn't working on my Flareon. I was hoping to get its defense up because it's super low but it won't work. D: I think all the other effects are pretty awesome. I have max hearts with all my party so I kinda squeal whenever they look at me or chat says something differently from normal. I find I tend to get more attached to my Pokemon with this. *cough* xD

@Snow: Pokemon Amie is so useful! I'd definitely recommend using it. I only have maybe 6-7 badges and my party is almost level 60. It's crazy! (Makes catching Pokemon a super pain though because of increased crit chance. Hooray for False Swipe!)
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Crystal: Quick Balls are helpful too! I throw those like nobodies business. I think they can be bought in Lumiose City along with some others that might help catching too (dusk, net, nest and the like). And I can't whistle either. ;.;

@Dubs: I didn't know that! I should play with that more often.

And I'm breeding eevees.
;o; *** pew! pew!
anon

Post by anon »

I wanted to mention this because I thought it was kind of funny. I recently bought a used copy of Pokémon Y (which I'm going to return later) and the trainer's name is Ben... like the Zelda creepypasta about BEN DROWNED. My friend wants me to burn it, haha!
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

/quietly pops in. I hope its not too much of a shock that I say something XD; I recently got a 3DS and Pokemon Y thanks to someone (and she knows who she is XD) and I have to admit, I missed playing Pokemon~ I haven't played Pokemon since I was in elementary school and never gotten a Gameboy again after I lost like 3 in a row /shame XD But I'm totally loving everything so far *_____*