Pokemon X and Y

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Post by dubiousdisc »

Okay so mega Kanto starters.
I...actually like mega Charizard?
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I'm still not sold on the Mega thing, TBH. :(
Venusaur, that's not a form, you just put a flower on your head. Go home. You're drunk.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Destinie wrote:I'm still not sold on the Mega thing, TBH. :(
Venusaur, that's not a form, you just put a flower on your head. Go home. You're drunk.
OKAY NOW I WANT SOMEONE TO DRAW THAT

I am also not sold at all on them, just, I am surprised that I actually like that Charizard. I think it has to do with the fact that I never much cared for Charizard as it is, and always ascribed that to the fact that its design doesn't really go past "orange dragon" to me. I liked it in the really early art when it had that big nose that gave it a bit more personality, but after that...I've always been very meh towards it. I know, I'm weird - everyone likes Charizard...
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Actually, I've met a lot of other people who don't like Charizard for that same reason. ;P
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Destinie & Dubiousdisc: It's all good. I know not everyone is gonna like the same thing. That wouldn't be any fun. :P
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I'm still following the spoilers, bwahaha
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Charmander was my first starter (and the reason I wanted pokemon in the first place after my god-brother let me play his copy but wouldn't let me save), I'm bias towards him. I love him regardless. I can't help it. I'm not overly concerned with a lot of the new things. I'm just trying them out to see how I like them. I look at the new features (like mega) something to draw in new fans. I'm not sure how I feel about them until I experience them.

Also, I love seeing that we have differing opinions here but we're not all rage bunnies. You ladies rock. ;w; <3
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

ACTUALLY I'm seeing my friends play it in the same room as me and actually it's making me want the game. I like that you can finally catch almost every Pokémon in the same game and I like that the game isn't pushing you to only get the new ones. I like that all of them are very animated and do things and you can interact with them. In spite of my hatred for the megas and of my hatred for a lot of the new ones, I've found some that I really like even in this generation; turns out it's basically all the ones that WEREN'T prereleased. Pokémon clearly isn't directed to me. XD
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Dubs, I'm very glad to hear that! I'm really enjoying it. I love being able to catch old and new Pokémon. I just caught an Eevee last night! :3 I like being able to catch Eevee, since I can get as many as I want without having to breed much later in the game. xP But, over all, I think they have a good mix of old and new Pokémon available right from the start. I caught a Houndour for the first time EVER (usually, I end up having to trade Cherri for it).

Honestly, I'm not sure you have to use Megas (though the option exists). It looks like you basically put a hold item on a Pokémon and then it can mega-evolve. I'm not 100% sure as I haven't "unlocked" using mega evolutions. But I can say for sure, I get to see many new Pokémon and a lot of my old favorites!

One thing I really like is that the gyms seem spaced further apart. We must've been through a city and three or four towns before getting to the second gym (Pokémon up to 30 obey you with the first badge). I think it's pretty cool! :D Although, I'm pushing level 30 reallllly hard thanks to hunting for Pokémon. xD
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Which starter did you guys choose? I chose Froakie this time around. I used Chimchar in Pearl and Snivy in White. It's time for a water starter.