Skylanders

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Skylanders

Post by Todd »

My employees recently got me into Skylanders. I was hesitant at first because I thought it was a kid's game, but it's so much fun! It's actually pretty challenging, and a lot of fun. I think it's mostly just geared toward kids because that's where the $$ is.

Have you guys tried it yet?
Destinie

Re: Skylanders

Post by Destinie »

I haven't tried it but I can say that I think it's a brilliant marketing scheme, lol! Just hearing about how it worked just fascinated me. What I thought was interesting was that it seemed that it could promote social interaction with trading figures between friends to unlock parts of the game. Since I've never played it, I could be completely misunderstanding the whole concept, but that's what it sounded like to me. So you have to continue to buy the figurines in order to get farther in the game? So I had asked a friend at work (her son plays it) and asked if he tried trading, she didn't know. (This was a while ago, too.)

I think the concept is interesting and it's nice to see Spyro back but he's all suped up! I was thinking about just getting some of the figures because I liked the designs. (I love Gryphons haha).