New Years' Resolutions for 2012

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
anon

New Years' Resolutions for 2012

Post by anon »

Does anyone remember the thread posted at the beginning of 2012 on LiveJournal, where we made resolutions and goals for our fan sites for the new year? Well, it's almost 2013, and let's see how much you've accomplished this year! Starting from now until December 31, keep us updated on your status on how close you are to accomplishing what you've decided to do.

Of course, the interesting part is acknowledging how you were in the beginning of the year in comparison to how you are now. All of us aren't stationary and our interests are subject to change. Let us know if you've made any change in plans, if you've decided to drop or pick up a different project, or if you decided to do anything new.

This thread will be locked on January 31, 2013, so we can make new resolutions for the next year. How well have you kept up your resolutions this year?
Destinie

Re: New Years' Resolutions for 2012

Post by Destinie »

So here's what I signed up for and here's the outcome:

✔ Refactor all of my HTML and CSS for all my sites
✔ Finish OTP hub for Fox and Krystal
X Update information for Meowth
✔ New layouts for Giovanni, Krystal, Ur, and hopefully Cooro
✔ Get new collective up and running!

I didn't get to finish Modest Mouser due to lack of creativity for the layout. I could have just refactored what I had currently but I wanted to do a full content sweep. Hopefully I can finish it early in 2013. ;o;
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

✔ Actually update the collective's layout instead of making mockups and then scrapping them
X Build a fansite for Bass
I updated the collective TWICE though and made fansites for things I wasn't expecting to make instead than the one for Bass so...I guess I mostly made it XD
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

As some of you may already know I broke my wrist last December so I wasn't able to do anything for my sites for a good six months. I'm quite scared to look at my resolutions list, all I remember is that it was quite long and that I had this grand plan of doing something for each of my shrines XD Hopefully I will have better luck with next year's resolutions!
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Varen

Post by Varen »

Rewrite some of the outdated and somewhat unfortunate sections for all my sites (especially Naoto)

I think this was the only thing I partially did with my list. But rather than rewriting the sections, I got lazy and just removed the links for them. I planned to rewrite them but ehh...

I don't really have an excuse other than maybe I've been depressed to much to work on my fansites. Even then, I had a whole year, and still nothing. Oh well.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

X Rewrite the content of Uprising and have it open again

X Finish the relationship page and screencap page of Fullmetal

X Elaborate the written content of Little Black Lord

✔ Finish Soul Bound
at least I got one down :pale2: :rage: :pale: :ack:
aminuet .。. king
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

The only thing I did on my list was Emotion. Everything else I completely ignored. *not surprised* x.x
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

:nolove: OPEN MARTY TRIBUTE. It's just embarrassing how long this project has been upcoming.
:nolove: Add more pages to Intensity, especially under the Family Man section. Also, re-organize the Stabler section.
:nolove: Add a screenshot gallery to Photosynthesis, as well as at least two more sections of written content.
:heart: Finish up the relationships pages for Ramen & Miniskirts.
:nolove: I see others have mentioned this and I've been feeling the same - change my domain's layout more often. I would like at least three different layouts a year.
The only thing I accomplished is finishing up the relationship section at R&M. (Granted I do have one more page to add.) At least I made the site a new layout, which I hadn't even listed as a resolution. And I only changed OMD's layout twice this year, so I guess that doesn't count. Ah well. I've never been good at sticking to resolutions, online or off. :ack2:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
karenjeane

Post by karenjeane »

Oh goodness... Well, I'll see what I can accomplish in a month, and then do a thorough assessment. >.>
Todd

Post by Todd »

Here were mine:
Add at least one more Drew Barrymore "shrine" to Breathe Drew

Reopen my Knuckles fansite

Open a site to a book or book character. I've done video games, a TV show, movies, manga... I want to keep going. I'm interested in a wide variety of things.

I finished my Knuckles site. :D The third will hopefully be done with the Paperback Marathon. My new Drew Barrymore section is still a work in progress. I'll see if I can get it done in a month.