Favorite Final Fantasy?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Favorite Final Fantasy?

Post by Todd »

Discuss the games here!

My favorite Final Fantasy games in order are:

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX

...and that's all I've played. I will play VII eventually. Right now I'm replaying IX. When I played IX the first time, it was before I played VI and IV, and having played those, I am enjoying IX more. It's a nice throwback to those classics.
Saya

Re: Favorite Final Fantasy?

Post by Saya »

Oh I'm gonna be cliche LOL
FF7 and FF8 are my favorites. Then I liked X and XII, the others I still need to play =)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

VII, Crisis Core, Dissidia 012, VIII, IX, Tactics Advance, I.

I'm playing IV and IX ATM and I have III to play after those are done.

I played II, V and VI too, but they don't stand out as much. I really want to play X and XIII eventually.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I'm not a big Final Fantasy fan but there are a few games that I do like. Those being Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy X (I also own X-2 and XIII). I haven't completed either yet though. III was because I was stupid and saved over my almost complete file with a new one and X I came across this one boss that nullifies magic (I don't remember its name) and it totally kicked my ass. I'd like to pick X up again sometime, preferably when I know how to beat that boss.

I also really like Yuna. I couldn't even tell you why.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

this. is. such. a. tough. question!

It's very difficult for me to decide which one I like the most between VIII, VII and VI.
VII and VI have always been in a tie since I played them for the first time and I'm kind of sentimentally attached to VI since it was the first Final Fantasy I've ever played. On the other hand I really, really love VIII's plot (not to mention, several characters...why yes, I'm looking at you, Squall and Seifer <_<) so if I really need to pick one I think that I'd choose VIII as my favourite Final Fantasy.
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
karenjeane

Post by karenjeane »

VI is my favourite, followed by VIII. I have to fill in a lot of gaps, in terms of what I've missed for the series. III on the DS was a pain, though. I never did beat the awful final dungeon - you can't cover up NES-era deficiencies with 3D graphics.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Oh! Crystal what does the boss look like? Been forever since I play X and I haven't replayed it because of the ending....it made me cry. Quit pulling at my heartstrings! Anyway, might be able to tell you how to beat the boss, if you can describe it.

I like VII (along with Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus), XII, V and Four Heroes of Light (multiplayer with Snow).

I enjoyed X, X-2, XIII-2 (even though I have complaints), IV and After Years. I like the ones let let me play with other people. Though with IV, I was playing it and my dad took it over. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Cherri wrote:Oh! Crystal what does the boss look like? Been forever since I play X and I haven't replayed it because of the ending....it made me cry. Quit pulling at my heartstrings! Anyway, might be able to tell you how to beat the boss, if you can describe it.
It was some machine that had orbs which would nullify magic spells. When I killed the orbs it one-shot my party so I got pissy and quit. I don't remember much else, except for it was on snowy terrain. Been a while since I stopped playing. x.x
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Final Fantasy IV is my favourite, a fact which I fully admit has a lot to do with nostalgia and the fact that it was my first Final Fantasy and I was pretty young at the time. Although it still holds up really well. It has my favourite cast of characters of any game. And it still makes me rage sometimes with the sometimes NEVER ENDING RANDOM BATTLES. <3

After IV, my favourites rotate between VII, IX and VI. And XII, which I really like despite the hatred for it? I DON'T GET THAT. I actually really want to play XII again but my PS2 is packed away. I've been hoping they'll release a PS3 port because I would so pay for that.

VIII and X I like...but just not nearly as much. I think not really liking the main characters has a lot to do with it, and I felt like X tried so hard to be this epic thing that never really worked for me. I enjoyed X-2 a whoooole lot more. It had faults, but it was just more fun.

I'm really conflicted about XIII because I think it is an atrocious, linear mess of a game but I basically love the cast of characters (except for Snow, holy moly, I cannot stand Snow). I think I'm about halfway through with FFXIII-2 and I have absolutely no idea what is going on. I'm not really fond of time travel unless we're talking about Back to the Future or Doctor Who, tbh. Despite all this, I am ON BOARD for another Lightning game. Haters can keep on hating, she is a great heroine.

I've never played much of V. I should rectify that sometime. I got stuck at some part of the III DS remake and never went back to it. >.> I also need to finish the After Years but I also...uh, got stuck in that and never played it again.

(OH GOD, I RAMBLED A LOT)
a spoony bard
Eden

Post by Eden »

I will also be somewhat cliche and say FF7 because it was my very first Final Fantasy game. On with FF8 and FF9 (highly underrated). I'm not a fan of the newer ones since I'm not really a turn-based RPG fan unless it's like Pokemon or something or if I'm replaying one of these FF games. None of the characters seem memorable or likeable to me in the newer ones (from what I've read about them). I've been playing FF6 ever so slowly, but since my dislike of turn-based RPGs with zero action elements and long drawn out storylines, I've been meh towards finishing it.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!