Solitaire

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Jae

Re: Solitaire

Post by Jae »

Whoaaa, nostalgia. I agree with everyone. It's great to see this site back, and with style at that!

I'm particularly fond of how succinctly informative your content is. You're far from verbose but still get a great deal of message across (and I say this is prevalent in all of your sites). Man, I envy that. Wonderful job, Todd!
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Todd wrote:
dubiousdisc wrote:Do you think you will be tackling the parts of the canon that don't make sense or will you just leave them out?

Of course! I just wanted to spawn more content, after all. :B
I do want to hit on the Bioware game, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, as I think they tried to expand on his already existing canon, and the game is really fun! I just have yet to finish it and didn't want to write about something I haven't experienced myself. I'm playing it right now, actually.

It seems like all of the games with story follow this version of Knuckles, so as they make more, I'll cover them. I won't cover the comics or cartoons because they are just too much of a stretch, and I haven't read/watched them myself.

I don't like that he's focused on isolation and guarding the Master Emerald in Sonic Adventure, and then snow boarding with a whole bunch of characters in Sonic Riders, for example, so I just choose to ignore that he's in those spin-off, non story-based games. :P At least for my shrine.
Hey now, everyone needs a vacation!...
No, but seriously, I don't think a lot of people take that type of games into account as they're just excuses to have characters team up XD

Anyway, that's great! Expansive shrines ftw :D
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Looks great Todd! And that cake looks so good. I'll admit I don't know much about Knuckles but I know a lot of people like him. I really only know of Sonic and Tails. Still Solitaire looks great and I've read through most of it. Gotta read the rest. Also the avatars are cute, I like them.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Todd

Post by Todd »

Jae wrote:Whoaaa, nostalgia. I agree with everyone. It's great to see this site back, and with style at that!

I'm particularly fond of how succinctly informative your content is. You're far from verbose but still get a great deal of message across (and I say this is prevalent in all of your sites). Man, I envy that. Wonderful job, Todd!
Thank you, Jae! I'm glad you don't see me as verbose. I know the content on this site is more succinct than that on my other sites, but that's because Knuckles is less deep of a character... He just doesn't have as much depth as Reiko, Sabin, or Tidus. My other sites have loooooooong essays, though. I actually had to find ways to trim them down a little. :P
Cherri wrote:Looks great Todd! And that cake looks so good. I'll admit I don't know much about Knuckles but I know a lot of people like him. I really only know of Sonic and Tails. Still Solitaire looks great and I've read through most of it. Gotta read the rest. Also the avatars are cute, I like them.
Thanks, Cherri!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

You're welcome. Even though I've never seen Knuckles, I got to learn about him from your site. He seems like a character I would like.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I am so late to this thread. |D; Congrats, Todd! Solitaire is one of my favorites of yours so I am so glad to see it back online! I remember the old days when I was browsing the internets and it happened to be your first shrine that I came across. I really love your rewritten content, it's wonderful, especially the games section. It's a nice overview. I already told you but I really like your merchandise section! It's like a little collection page in there, I think it's cute. ^^♥
Varen

Post by Varen »

Great to see Solitaire back up, Todd! I love the layout very much, though for some reason, the header crashes when I hover around it in certain sections.

I greatly enjoyed reading through your new content as well! I like that you avoid tl;drness and just go straight to the point with your thoughts. For a suggestion on some sections, like with Rouge, you can also point to the lyrics in SA2's stage music (with Knuckles). You can also address Knuckles' relationship with Shade or Tikal, but like you said, Knuckles doesn't have too much depth, so it doesn't really matter much haha. I think you got him mostly covered ;)
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I saw this in your submission to Emotion (which I still need to add, eep!) and I must say that even though I'm not into the franchise I'm really happy to see this site back. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I'm happy so see that Solitare is back! :D The new site is better than ever.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Varen wrote:Great to see Solitaire back up, Todd! I love the layout very much, though for some reason, the header crashes when I hover around it in certain sections.

I greatly enjoyed reading through your new content as well! I like that you avoid tl;drness and just go straight to the point with your thoughts. For a suggestion on some sections, like with Rouge, you can also point to the lyrics in SA2's stage music (with Knuckles). You can also address Knuckles' relationship with Shade or Tikal, but like you said, Knuckles doesn't have too much depth, so it doesn't really matter much haha. I think you got him mostly covered ;)

Thanks, Varen! Shade and Tikal don't have much of a relationship with Knuckles in the Sonic Adventure games. I've been wanting to replay all of my Sonic games. When I do, I'll pay closer attention to their interaction!

I noticed that the header breaks sometimes too! I don't know what causes that or how to fix it. Hmmm. Any ideas?
Crystal wrote:I saw this in your submission to Emotion (which I still need to add, eep!) and I must say that even though I'm not into the franchise I'm really happy to see this site back. <3
Thank you, Crystal! <3 Take your time adding it back to Emotion! I just wanted to support your awesome directory.
Destinie wrote:I am so late to this thread. |D; Congrats, Todd! Solitaire is one of my favorites of yours so I am so glad to see it back online! I remember the old days when I was browsing the internets and it happened to be your first shrine that I came across. I really love your rewritten content, it's wonderful, especially the games section. It's a nice overview. I already told you but I really like your merchandise section! It's like a little collection page in there, I think it's cute. ^^♥
Thanks, Destinie! My Knuckles site used to be my most popular site. No idea why... I'm glad you like the revamp! Thanks for signing my guestbook, too!
Mikari wrote:I'm happy so see that Solitare is back! :D The new site is better than ever.
Thanks, Mikari!!