The Legend of Zelda

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Destinie

Re: The Legend of Zelda

Post by Destinie »

Hey did you all hear the news several weeks ago that Netflix is potentially making a live-action Legend of Zelda series? They are supposedly working with Nintendo on it so I have hopes. Not high hopes...but some hopes.

Do you think they should do an original story or follow one of the games?

Also, in my opinion, I think Link needs to be played by a woman. Hear me out, here! Link has very feminine features and I think he actually seems a bit more androgenous in most incarnations. I've seen many female cosplayers pull of a PERFECT representation of Link! Most of the men who I've seen either cosplay or act in fan movies don't seem to be able to pull off many of his features. Well, that's just what I think. Plus, Link is very Peter Pan-like and Peter Pan in the plays were usually played by a woman. ;P Food for thought...What do you think?
anon

Post by anon »

Well, if Link was played by a woman in the Link to the Past commercial, anything is possible.

Image is very subjective to me. While it would be nice if the actors fit the image, acting ability is a bigger priority for me. You can have people who look the part but suck at acting, and hence be unable to pull off a lot of the spirit of what we know from the franchise.

I also hope the writing isn't bad. Often times live-action adaptations of video games tend to tank. Silent Hill, anyone?

(Please don't give me another Mario Bros. movie please please please)
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

That commercial is awesome.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I honestly am not very interested in a live-action Zelda series or even an animated series just based on the principle that I'd rather play through a story than watch a story. If there is one that is made, I will watch it just because it's Zelda, but I do hope that it is nothing more than a rumor! There's some news about it here. I don't know if this debunks all the rumors based on it though.

That said, what do you guys want to see in the new Wii U title? I'd like to see the controls return to motion-less, similar to Windwaker HD. I'm not really sure where I want the story to appear in the timeline though! There's so many ways they can take it! I'm really excited for E3 because I think this will be the big Nintendo title this year, and I can't wait to see more footage of it!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Ha, basically he said he can neither "confirm nor deny" which I would take as something is actually happening...

As for WiiU, I don't own one and won't be getting one solely for the new Zelda title, so I am indifferent. xD;
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

May 5th they are re-releasing the Link to the Past graphic novel, fyi. I need it in my life. ._.