Paperback Marathon

Browse all previous marathons and challenges along with the realized projects!
Sofia
Administrator

Re: Paperback Marathon

Post by Sofia »

SnowRayjah wrote::heart:!!! Thanks everyone! 8D Time to outline my shrine.
Eh eh I knew you would cave in ;)
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki »

Wow this seems like a really cool event and I have one or two ideas that could fit on it. Now I only need to decide which one to make!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Sofia wrote:
SnowRayjah wrote::heart:!!! Thanks everyone! 8D Time to outline my shrine.
Eh eh I knew you would cave in ;)

Of course! ;D Especially since the shrine itself is invading everything. It's just poking me, like a plot bunny. I have to do it.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Sofia wrote:
dubiousdisc wrote:Look at your library and the answer will be clear! XD
That wouldn't work for me since I own far too many books. Instead of narrowing down the list of possible subjects…the more I think, the more ideas I get :/
Hehe, I forget that not everyone has a single shelf of room for books XD

By the way I have caved in as well. I know I am dooming myself to the hardest project to date since I will be touching a sacred monster of mine but I think it's a good sign if not even rereading it I already know what I need to write about :)
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Of course! ;D Especially since the shrine itself is invading everything. It's just poking me, like a plot bunny. I have to do it.
You really had no choice LOL
dubiousdisc wrote:Hehe, I forget that not everyone has a single shelf of room for books XD

By the way I have caved in as well. I know I am dooming myself to the hardest project to date since I will be touching a sacred monster of mine but I think it's a good sign if not even rereading it I already know what I need to write about :)
I got to the point where I buy books and then I find myself wandering around the house…desperately trying to figure out where can I put them. Unfortunately I've been a bookworm since I was a kid, then I studied literature at university and discovered websites where books are very cheap. A true recipe for disaster XD

I think you are right, if you are passionate about a certain subject and already know how to develop your shrine it's important that you tackle this project. I have a very dear subject as well, but I cannot use it for this marathon because it's a videogame character. Not that it is problem considering that I'm still battling with a long list of potential subjects -.-

Anyway…it's great to see that another person cave in! Message to those who are still thinking whether to participate or not (with literary-based quotation to stay on topic ;)): All hope abandon, ye who tries to resist! :heh:
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Sofia wrote:
You really had no choice LOL
Of course I didn't. D; Still it's a good thing as it will help metro relax a little!

I'm looking forward to this event SO much. ;w;
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

SnowRayjah wrote:I'm looking forward to this event SO much. ;w;
Me too! While I know the subjects chosen by those who have already signed-up, it will be nonetheless interesting to see how these shrines are developed :)
Eden

Post by Eden »

Good luck everyone on your websites!
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Hmmm I'd really like to join this marathon, but I feel super bad about previous times where I've signed up but didn't have anything to submit at the end DX
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Elysa wrote:Hmmm I'd really like to join this marathon, but I feel super bad about previous times where I've signed up but didn't have anything to submit at the end DX
I think you should give it a try anyway!

This marathon offers a huge choice in terms of shrine size and subjects. If time is a concern you could for example begin from choosing a small subject, such a short manga/comic/book…, and spend more time to develop your shrine.

Besides…nothing bad happens if, for a reason or another, a member drops-out. We don't bite ;)