Which gaming consoles do you own?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
anon

Which gaming consoles do you own?

Post by anon »

Just as it says on the title, what gaming consoles do you own? Are you a retro gamer, into the current cools, or someone who goes either way?

For me, I own:
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System (broke down :()
  • Nintendo 64
  • PlayStation 2 (Japanese version)
  • Nintendo Wii
  • PC (it counts!)
dragoneyes

Re: Which gaming consoles do you own?

Post by dragoneyes »

I'm not really that much of a console person, due to my brother always playing at the PC I grew with the unconscious convinction that was the main means through which to play videogames.
So the consoles currently in my house and still working are:

- (20-year-old) Gameboy (yes, the very first one, that gray, thick, heavy thing XD)
- PlayStation 2
- Nintendo DS

This doesn't mean I haven't tried other old consoles later on when you couldn't buy them anymore (emulators are a thing that is, luckly XD). For istance I'd quite a long period of playing various Super Nintendo Entertainment System games (cough cough Final Fantasy 5 and 6 cough cough).
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

dragoneyes wrote:- (20-year-old) Gameboy (yes, the very first one, that gray, thick, heavy thing XD)
lol I still have mine, too! Though I don't use it anymore. I guess I kept it for sentimentality.

Here are the consoles that I own:
- Playstation 2
- Gameboy Advance

I also have Playstation and the aforementioned original Gameboy, though I don't use either of them anymore since I have newer versions. We used to have Nintendo but I think it was thrown out.. :cry:

I guess I could use some more recent consoles, it's just a matter of money. I'd really like a Wii for how interactive it is.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I'm only counting the ones I actually game on :P

-Nintendo DS (I used to have a Gameboy color up until several years ago. I think it got tossed when I moved out of my mom's house. It was really falling apart anyway. I had it since it first came out and the screen was scratched, I lost the back, and it was in bad shape. Maybe I still have it?? I need to dig it up. /ramble)
-Nintendo Gamecube
-Nintendo Wii

OK- as you can see I'm am srs Nintendo fangirl. I really dislike Playstation /unpopular opinion. I have a great story about when I got my gamecube. I think it's a really underrated system, it's really my favorite.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Let's see... D: We tend to keep everything. I actually traded in my DSi though...that was a first.

-Nintendo (still in working condition with Super Mario Brothers, Legend of Zelda, and The Adventure of Link)
-N64 (with Ocarina of Time and Gauntlet)
- Gamecube (the only way to convince my dad to get this was to show him the Baten Kaitos trailer. ;w; )
- Wii
- Nintendo DS (so I can still play GBA games)
- Nintendo GBA SP (So I can play cyrstal chronicles on the gamecube)
- Nintendo 3DS
- Playstation
- Playstation 2
- Playstation 3
- Playstation Portable
- Sega Genesis
Last edited by SnowRayjah on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Destinie wrote:OK- as you can see I'm am srs Nintendo fangirl. I really dislike Playstation /unpopular opinion. I have a great story about when I got my gamecube. I think it's a really underrated system, it's really my favorite.
I'm exactly the same way! Although I will admit I do own a PS2 but that is strictly for Kingdom Hearts and Tales of the Abyss (although I haven't touched any of them for years lol).

As for me...

Handheld
- Gameboy Color
- GameBoy Advance SP
- Nintendo DS (that sadly doesn't work anymore. *cry*)
- Nintendo DS Lite
- Nintendo 3DS
* I did own a Gameboy Advance at one point but I gave it to my cousin (along with Pokemon Gold) as a parting gift when his family moved to another province.

TV Console
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo GameCube
- Playstation 2
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I wasn't allowed to have consoles growing up so the first I had was a Nintendo DS, which I later gave to my sister since I had played all the games I wanted to play and I wasn't really using it anymore. The other I have is a PS3. :B I was a PC gamer as a kid, and later a "oh let's just emulate it I'm not gonna buy a console for a single game" kid XD

...actually at that time I was playing plenty of GB/GBA games on the computer, but even if I had had access to them, I think I would have still played them like that because I'm half-blind xD
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

Sarah wrote:
dragoneyes wrote:- (20-year-old) Gameboy (yes, the very first one, that gray, thick, heavy thing XD)
lol I still have mine, too! Though I don't use it anymore. I guess I kept it for sentimentality.
Ahaha, yeah me too! Though I tried to play Tetris some time ago to see if it still worked and apparently it still does. It kind of has blank bars on both the sides of the screen but they're rather thin and you can play it without problem.
XD It probably entered the realm of immortality at some point.
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
anon

Post by anon »

Destinie wrote:OK- as you can see I'm am srs Nintendo fangirl. I really dislike Playstation /unpopular opinion. I have a great story about when I got my gamecube. I think it's a really underrated system, it's really my favorite.
I know the feeling! All the games I've played so far are Nintendo games. XD

Also, SnowRayjah, don't worry about your double post! I deleted it for you. :)
Todd

Post by Todd »

Here are the systems I own:

Playstation 2
Playstation 3
PSP (really thinking about trading in/selling)
PS Vita
SNES
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Wii
Gameboy Advance SP
DSi XL (might trade in/sell, too, though it's the Mario edition so I feel torn)
3DS XL
XBOX 360