Pokémon (General)

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Varen

Re: Pokémon (General)

Post by Varen »

I first played Pokemon Blue, but it was a rental, so I didn't get very far. My first actual Pokemon game was Pokemon Silver. It's another reason why Gen II will always be my favorite, though Gen I, IV, and V are cool too (hated the third one though tbqh). Cyndaquil was my starter because it was so adorable, and thus I grown attached to him. I have played most of the main games, including Yellow and Crystal. I *own* Platinum, but never got around to playing it. For the spinoffs, I've played Pokemon Snap, Hey You, Pikachu!, and one of the Mystery Dungeon games.

As for favorites... ugh, I don't know. I have so many. Some underloved ones that I love would be Ho-Oh (wayyy cooler backstory than Lugia, I'm sad that Lugia is most preferred of the two), Lapras, Mismagus, and a few others that don't come to mind.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

My first pokemon game was Red which I had first played on an emulator on a DOS computer. Ahh, good times. Since then I'd gotten Gold (which I gave to my cousin when he moved away), Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, LeafGreen, Diamond, and White (that's every generation, right? I can't remember. *sweatdrop*). I've also played the first two pinball games, Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. My favorites have to be Pidgeot, Flareon, Vaporeon, Amphraos, Gardevoir, Milotic, Absol, and Sawsbuck, I think. I'm sure there's more but I can't think right now.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

DOS could emulate Red? I didn't know that. But then, I never used DOS, except briefly in class.

I confess I like Lugia better than Ho-Oh, but I also like Ho-Oh, I just don't notice it as much... or Lugia really, but I would pick it if I had to choose. Maybe this is because of the movie Lugia was in.

I love Mystery Dungeon ^_^ I need to get a DS of sorts (emu maybe?) and play more of those, plus black and white.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hm there is a thing that bothers me a lot about Pokémon and it's how I like certain Pokémon just in a certain version of their design, you know? Like, I really really liked Ho-oh in its first artwork but nowadays...I don't know D: same for Moltres, at a certain point it was even my favorite Pokémon but now I really don't like how they draw it anymore :(

/rambles
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I get what you mean about the artwork. I love ho-oh but it used to look more monster ish and tough, but now it's kind of plump and squishy looking. I just want to hug it...
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I don't notice much of a different in Ho-Oh and Moltres ^^;;
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Well, for example on Moltres in earlier artwork it was cream-colored and not orange and in some artworks its wings were completely made of fire and its bill was different and...I don't know XD I wish I could find some good examples but all I find doesn't really show what I mean :/
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

The more skin-like tone of some Moltres art/sprites makes it look like it doesn't have feathers. D: poor birdy.
anon

Post by anon »

I've never played any of the Pokemon games and it always makes my friends look at me strangely. It's because my parents never got me a handheld console when I was growing up because they feared it would damage my eyesight (I wear glasses anyway, though) and it would be bad for my grades. I'm like the only Asian kid in the vicinity who hasn't played Pokemon at all.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Emu it, don't miss out! I didn't have a handheld either because my parents thought the SNES was enough to keep me busy as I spent a lot of time playing with it. They got me a NES too, just because the games were cheaper than the SNEs games. I bought my first handheld (PSP 3000) with the money from my first real job. It was the first thing in the triple digits that I ever purchased with my own money... and the only other thing was my IPod. ^^;; I guess I don't own that many things that cost more than 100. XD