Pokémon (General)

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Pokémon (General)

Post by Sarah »

Here's a general Pokémon topic. :) Discuss away!

I hate to admit it, but I've only ever played Blue. I would love to play more of the games but I either don't have the right platform or just never think of it.

My favorite Pokémon is Vulpix, hands-down. It's way too cute! :heh: Not to mention I love foxes. I also like Clefairy, Ponyta, Growlithe and Cubone. I don't know if I have a favorite starter (from the first generation); I like all of them, really. And I think I've played with each of them at some point or another, too.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Re: Pokémon (General)

Post by Destinie »

I'd have to recommend that you get yourself a Nintendo DS of some sort if you like games and don't have one yet. I went from Gameboy Color to my DS and it was like "WHOAAA the Graphics are soooo advannnced". Honestly, I was out of the video game loop for several years, so that's probably why I was so shocked by it. LOL! I saw it sitting on my BF's table and thought it was his sister's makeup case at first! Haha!

Anyway, yes Pokémon, I love it. I just updated Nyarth.net btw~ ;)
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I've played Leaf Green, Crystal, Sapphire, Mystery Dungeon Red and a few others like pinball and such that I didn't pay much attention to. Loved Leaf Green especially and all the others too. Nice twist with playing as Pokemon rather than trainers in MD.

I love the Kanto pokemon best, especially Pikachu. :D
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Sarah wrote:I hate to admit it, but I've only ever played Blue. I would love to play more of the games but I either don't have the right platform or just never think of it.
emulators

okay I have many opinions about Pokémon but to start with, do you guys know this game? It's not always accurate but it's fun XD

said that I would say my favorites are Sneasel, Sableye, all the Porygons, Skarmory, Fearow, Absol, Mewtwo even though I guess it's more as a character than anything else...I have a weakness for Dark- and Steel- types, generally XD
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

All the Pokemon games I've played were emu...

I love electric types. ^_^
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Dubious- that game...addicting. Some hard matchups, though! How am I supposed to pick between Voltorb and Golbat? -_-
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

It can be evil and sometimes you end up with odd things in your final list! it should really have a scramble button...

still, cool to see what stuff the Pokémon fans come up with XD
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

@dubious That game is fun! Thanks for pointing it out. I got Vulpix! :D also emulators, hm.. I may have to look into that..

@Destinie Just last week I was looking at the Nintendo 3DS website! I really would like something new. All my game systems are so old. :/

And aww, Nyarth.Net looks great!! I love the vector images for your sites, that's so cool. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Eden

Post by Eden »

I have a penchant for bug types. Scizor and Scolipede are my favorites right now. I also love Umbreon, Lucario, Meganium, Gardevior, Charizard, and Vaporeon. :) As for the new gen, I like Audino, Scolipede, Zebstrika (even though it sucks, it's still pretty!), Joltik and Bouffalant.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Destinie: I would go with Voltorb XD

The new Nyarth is so cute!!!