Pokémon (General)

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Crystal

Re: Pokémon (General)

Post by Crystal »

I'm a fan of all of them to be honest. Although I do like the newer ones a little better than the older ones.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Juhi wrote:Hmm, I'm probably in the minority here, but I like the newer designs. They just appeal a little better to me. Generation 4 designs were kinda hit-or-miss for me, but Generation 5 was a keeper in my book.

My favorite generation would have to be Generation 2 (GSC). I started with Pokemon Blue and got hooked from there. I'd say my favorite Pokemon games are Crystal, Leaf Green, and Black/White. My all-time favorite Pokemon is Jolteon, the best Electric type everrrr. <3
2nd Gen is definitely my favorite generation. I loved the theme and feel of the game, I loved the character designs, and I was super excited for the remake. |D; And I love love LOVE the legends from 2nd. Ho-oh & Entei FTW! :>
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Gen 1 all the way for me :D

I like Lugia, but I still like Mew better... and Articuno, so cute!

I did enjoy the game play of later gens though. Sapphire was lots of fun.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I have to say that although gen 3 is often regarded as the worst one game-wise, I think it has some of the best designs. :D Can't pick a favorite though. I want to say gen 2 globally.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Really? I liked the game play and the contests, that was the one with the contests right? I's been so long. I missed Team Rocket, but it was still fun.
Eden

Post by Eden »

My gen is 2. I even created my trainer's character to be apart of Gen 2... I'm also a big fan of B/W. I love the new designs. Not a huge fan of Gen 1, even though that's what I first played. It's okay, but not a lot of the Pokemon grabbed me. I was wanting more. Then Gen 2 came around and blew me away. Gen 2 will always be my favorite!

I think Gen 3 is underrated because the games were crap and buggy, so they didn't get their fullest potential... they deserve a remake as well (like FR/LG and HG/SS).

I'm not a big fan of legendary pokemon except Shaymin and a few of the newer ones like Reshiram.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

O.o;; I never had problems with gen 3... that is sapphire right? I never played diamond & pearl (that's 4 yes?) I need to check out BW one of these days...
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I never played Gen 3 mainly because it came out when I was in the middle of high school and I a) didn't like the designs b) didn't have the game system for it and didn't have the money to purchase it and c) didn't have the interest. (My love of Pokemon rekindled after I graduated high school LOL!)

I was talking about it with my fiance one time and he goes, "I was distracted by 'other things'. Then I realized Pokemon was more important." HA! ♥
Eden

Post by Eden »

Mikari wrote:O.o;; I never had problems with gen 3... that is sapphire right? I never played diamond & pearl (that's 4 yes?) I need to check out BW one of these days...
it's a well known bug that experience gained was reduced by almost 90% but was eventually fixed in Emerald by multiplying it x10. Many other bugs were fixed but that's a major one.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Destinie: That happened to me too! Actually I have to thank you for that. The pokethon and your Gio site got me thinking about Pokemon, which got me to write a long fanfic, which both got me back into the fandom and was a very good learning experience in writing.

@Eden: I didn't notice that bug O.o;; I guess I kind of expected grinding to happen towards the end and didn't notice why. ^^;; Plus I usually try to settle my team as early and possible so I can level them as the game progresses.