Pokémon (General)

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Mikari

Re: Pokémon (General)

Post by Mikari »

O.o;; I never had problems with gen 3... that is sapphire right? I never played diamond & pearl (that's 4 yes?) I need to check out BW one of these days...
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I never played Gen 3 mainly because it came out when I was in the middle of high school and I a) didn't like the designs b) didn't have the game system for it and didn't have the money to purchase it and c) didn't have the interest. (My love of Pokemon rekindled after I graduated high school LOL!)

I was talking about it with my fiance one time and he goes, "I was distracted by 'other things'. Then I realized Pokemon was more important." HA! ♥
Eden

Post by Eden »

Mikari wrote:O.o;; I never had problems with gen 3... that is sapphire right? I never played diamond & pearl (that's 4 yes?) I need to check out BW one of these days...
it's a well known bug that experience gained was reduced by almost 90% but was eventually fixed in Emerald by multiplying it x10. Many other bugs were fixed but that's a major one.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Destinie: That happened to me too! Actually I have to thank you for that. The pokethon and your Gio site got me thinking about Pokemon, which got me to write a long fanfic, which both got me back into the fandom and was a very good learning experience in writing.

@Eden: I didn't notice that bug O.o;; I guess I kind of expected grinding to happen towards the end and didn't notice why. ^^;; Plus I usually try to settle my team as early and possible so I can level them as the game progresses.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Eden wrote:
Mikari wrote:O.o;; I never had problems with gen 3... that is sapphire right? I never played diamond & pearl (that's 4 yes?) I need to check out BW one of these days...
it's a well known bug that experience gained was reduced by almost 90% but was eventually fixed in Emerald by multiplying it x10. Many other bugs were fixed but that's a major one.
Wow, when I thought I knew about every Pokémon bug I learn new things :o
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Glitch city, missing no & mew or was it mewtwo? Are the most famous bugs I know of.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Mikari...The first generation of Pokémon was SO GLITCHY, you have no idea. Like, the bugs were in the number of HUNDREDS. After that they mostly fixed it though, which is why I'm surprised to hear about a gen 3 bug (I knew about Bad Egg, the empty Pokédex slot bugs and the Emerald box cloning, but that was about it). Japanese Diamond and Pearl had this warping bug where you could surf in the black areas around the map and reach the Elite Four. XD All of this was NOTHING in comparison with gen 1 though. Those games were kept together with SPIT.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I liked the pokecloning bug XD I'm amused by all these bugs ^_^
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Missingno!!!!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It's such a cute pokemon really XD all data-ish and all. I actually used it as a plot device in a fanfic once. XD