Pokemon Black/White 2

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Destinie

Pokemon Black/White 2

Post by Destinie »

So when the Pokemon company claimed there wasn't going to be an addition to the series, I didn't believe them, so I deliberately didn't buy B/W when it came out. Then B/W2 came out (And internally I was gloating and going "I told you so") anyway- I was following the updates and everything like a HAWK and since it's been released in Japan for a bit now, it's been relatively quiet. I preordered mine...coming out in October....

Are you guys getting the game? Did you play B/W 1? What are your thoughts on it? I wasn't really too sold on it but my significant other got the game and really enjoyed it.

...I have too many Pokemon games. TToTT
Varen

Re: Pokemon Black/White 2

Post by Varen »

I'm surprised with the amount of backlash B/W got, even from my friend. I personally loved everything about it - being forced to use the new Pokemon made you get close to them and see their advantages - and not being forced to rely on tired old favorites. The story was also a welcome change. After all, who actually expected
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
that you would actually not just "be the Champion" and would have to scale up a huge tower to confront the final bosses instead?
Not the mention, I personally love
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
how gray N was (and I'm biased that he was hot too :x) in a world were we were too used to black/white villains (hence the game's title).
The setting was also a nice change from the Japanese-like areas. It was refreshing to see the 3D landscapes of large buildings and fancy lights.

I also disagree with some who claim that Pokemon B/W had nothing of value post-story mode. In the contrary,
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
not being the Elite Four made you had more reason to replay it again,
several new Pokemon and areas are now available, and you even had one last story related sidequest. Still better than what I bothered with in Diamond/Pearl or Ruby/Sapphire.

That said, I definitely looking forward to the sequel! I heard that you get to rematch all the old bosses from the previous games... <3 That's enough to get me excited.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I'm super excited for these two. I love Black/White to begin with because it was different from all the other games so I'm really stoked with what Black 2/White 2 have to offer. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Saya

Post by Saya »

I want it and I will have it, even if it means I won't have money to eat for a week ==;
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Eden

Post by Eden »

I enjoyed my Black game, but I'm gonna restart it because I'm not happy with my team and some of the Pokemon were a real letdown power-wise. *coughzebstrikacough* I really love how different it is from our usual Pokemon games and being forced to use the new Pokemon is a refreshing aspect. I get tired of raising the same Pokemon, so seeing different things gives me new hope. :D I haven't played through the whole game yet.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Ah yeah, I was so stoked about that feature! I wanna fight Giovanni! ;o; (And pummel him with a Gyarados mwahaha)
Vii

Post by Vii »

I'm still not too sure what I'm going to do. I own at one (sometimes two!) copies of each Pokemon game, but at this point I'm like... why do I need Black and White 2? It kind of makes me mad that instead of doing the one improved game they're doing two so that we spend more money. And the worst part is, I know that and I'm still seriously considering doing it in spite of that.

I loved the storyline of Black and White, but I was rather disappointed with some of the new Pokemon. There were some gems, don't get me wrong, but a lot of them didn't appeal to me. I guess it's natural that they'd be running out of creative juice with this many Pokemon now.

So I'm either going to go all out and get both and cry at my empty wallet or I won't get either and wait a year or so until they're cheaper preowned. Still debating :x
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I agree with you Vii. I had an extremely hard time getting a team that I really liked (and I'm still not even 100% sure with my current team). The majority of the new ones just don't appeal to me whatsoever.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Varen

Post by Varen »

I kinda spoiled myself with every new Pokemon, so from the beginning I had a set balanced team in mind. Since I wasn't going competitive, I wanted to use all the nice new favorites. I wouldn't bother training anything other than what I wanted. (Psst, that was Oshawott as my starter, Lilligant, Gothitelle, Chandelure, Mienshao, and Excadrill.) The sequel will give me an opportunity to make a fresh new team to experiment with.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

There are a few new Pokemon that I spazzed over because they're so cute. First of all: Victini...Fire/Psychic Pokemon with wings? Yes, please! And the others: Deerling, Purrloin, Audino (trying really hard to remember the english names since I only familiarized myself with the Japanese ones...), Sigilyph (Nazca psychic bird! The art history nerd in me shrieked in happiness when I saw it).

I think I left the Pokemon LJ community at one point because some hardcore player got mad at me for only using Pokemon that I liked how the looked and not for their skills and stuff. I have to be honest, I don't play like that. I use Pokemon that I like and have some sort of attraction to. I mean, why else would I have a lvl 60 Meowth in almost every game? (And it kicks butt thank you very much) XD I'm kind of shallow (?) like that, I guess.