First Fanlisting to Shrine

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Todd

First Fanlisting to Shrine

Post by Todd »

What was your first fanlisting that you expanded into a shrine (or vice versa -- shrine you added a fanlisting to)? If you don't have a shrine yet, which fanlisting would you like to be your first fanlisting with shrine content?

Mine was a latter case, a shrine to a fanlisting. I got approved for Knuckles the Echidna years ago, and happily turned my shrine Solitaire into a fanlisting. :D I have yet to turn a fanlisting that started as a fanlisting into a shrine, but I think my first will be Wolverine. Basically, any of my fanlistings that aren't in the "fan" subdomain will likely be shrines eventually.
Lethe

Re: [Discussion] First Fanlisting to Shrine

Post by Lethe »

Slightly off, but hey. =P I'm not doing fanlistings anymore and don't think I'll get into it again since I dislike making layouts (but who knows, I might change my mind depending on... stuff!), but for a brief time, I had five fanlistings.

One of them was this. THAT'S FROM 2005. It's been so long that the code for transparent iframes back then doesn't even work anymore lmao. Just look at my young self going "I will totally have a shrine for this character one day!!". One day meaning ten years later.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

As far as I remember (because I have a terrible memory) it was my Kain site back in 2005, and I'm pretty sure I made the shrine and fanlisting at the same time. I'd been meaning to make a Kain site anyway, the fanlisting approval was just a nice bit of motivation.
a spoony bard
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

For me it was Lyn from Fire Emblem. It was awful though because I was just getting into shrines at the time and didn't know much of anything about them and copied sections from other shrines (just page ideas not actual content!). I wanna say my first actual shrine with legit content though was maybe Larxene from Kingdom Hearts (which I don't have anymore) or Shiki from The World Ends With You. My brain can't quite remember that far back.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Wow, I had to rack my brain for this one, haha. I'm pretty sure it was Kefka; to the best of my memory I turned it into a fansite in 2008/2009? Something like that.

It wasn't very good, which is why it's all down now, haha. I was really proud of it when I did finish it, though, and it's always been one of my favorite sites. Hopefully I can put it back up soon.
tonight fate is the
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Mine was the Vergil fanlisting, my very first one! Back then it was the first website dedicated to him, too.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I don't have any finished yet, but I'm working on two right now. Both Pokemon subjects: Sabrina and Pancham!
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

I am so glad I have old layout screencaps, because I seriously could not remember this anymore, haha. But it was for Shia from Pitaten, I adopted the fanlisting out a few years ago and I never reuploaded the content when I moved servers because I wasn't really that satisfied over it anymore, though.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I think my first fanlisting-to-shrine was for The Incredibles. It was opened in early Feb of 2012 (4 years now!). I did have a shrine that I added a fanlisting to, Chizu, but I closed the FL after a while as it was getting no members. (Literally; I was the only member.)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

The first and only "fanlisting + shrine" I did was for the Nintendo DS game Super Princess Peach. I was just getting into fanlistings then (probably around 2006 or so) and already had one fanlisting for CuteHTML, so I figured I'd run another one too. I had already built the shrine for the game about a month before, and so I just added on the fanlisting as part of the site to represent my newly discovered interest. :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org