Tsumaniac!!!!

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Destinie

Re: Tsumaniac!!!!

Post by Destinie »

Hmm I have it all done in the front-end in Angular. I have a JS file where I enter the names, etc. and have it propagate on the front-end.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

... darn I don't know AngularJS.

Is it difficult to learn?
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I would say no. I'm kind of a Javascript newbie and don't have a programming background but I was able to pick it up fairly easily. There's still a lot I have to learn but I can get it to do what I want easy enough. :)
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Destinie, do you have any links to Angular resources you found useful? I started looking into it a while ago but had a hard time with a lot of the resources/tutorials I came across.
tonight fate is the
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Larissa wrote:Destinie, do you have any links to Angular resources you found useful? I started looking into it a while ago but had a hard time with a lot of the resources/tutorials I came across.
Hopefully some of these links will help you. The AngularJS Documentation is the worst documentation I have ever come across. Even my skilled developer friends at work comment on how bad the documentation is.

I generally picked it up by asking questions from people and a few sites here and there. Sometimes Stackoverflow is helpful, but sometimes not, especially when you get the people who are like "It's listed in the documentation [here], duh".

http://www.w3schools.com/angular/ - This actually helped me get started and understand the basic elements.

https://scotch.io/tag/angular-js - This site I referenced a lot. They had some really good tutorials that were very helpful.

https://docs.angularjs.org/tutorial - A side note that the tutorial in the documentation wasn't TERRIBLE.

If I come across anything else I will definitely share. :)
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Aaaah, I am sort of addicted to Tsum Tsum, haha... Although I'm not playing as much as before, I still play it at least weekly, and usually more when there are events and/or new tsums coming out. XD;

Your site looks great, Destinie, and you have so many tsum plushies!! I didn't even know they had so many varieties!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Elysa wrote:Aaaah, I am sort of addicted to Tsum Tsum, haha... Although I'm not playing as much as before, I still play it at least weekly, and usually more when there are events and/or new tsums coming out. XD;

Your site looks great, Destinie, and you have so many tsum plushies!! I didn't even know they had so many varieties!
I play, too! Maybe we can exchange LINE IDs? I used to play religiously but now I play maybe for a little bit once a day. It depends on my mood.

And, yeah! There are so many given the ones that are coming out in the west versus all the variants available in the eastern countries. They have been selling plushies since 2014 for we're behind in some of the releases over here. XD

Thanks for the compliment ♥
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I AM. SO EXCITED. I'M FINALLY GETTING TO SEE THIS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH. (Poor you for the bandwidth downtime right after finishing the site though. ;_; I would have ranted every day LOL.)

Wow when you first said you had a lot of Tsums, I thought you were collecting all of them, not just favourite characters! It really shows there are many more out there than I had thought/seen haha. (I didn't know about the East/West release dates, which explains why you mostly only see the base set when you browse online stores in the west...?) I think it's super cute how you even came up with this site due to your husband wanting to gift you haha.

I love everything about it!! The design including the fonts, the information pages that are really helpful, the external links, the collection itself and how much data it contains haha. I'm impressed you still know approximately when you got which Tsum, and it's lovely you mention who gifted you which. :D

The info about differing quality of the Tsums depending on the store comes as a surprise! I would have thought that they're all manufactured the same way lol. I really love your "How to Store Tsum Tsum" and "Spotting Fakes" pages btw, they show that you've been at this for a while and have also looked around in other people's collections. :D

ALSO

WHAT

CHOCOLATE TSUMS MAY HAVE A HEART ON THEIR BUTT WHAT I NEED THIS NOW MORE THAN EVER SOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB WHY IS IT ONLY AVAILABLE AS SET $$$$$$$$$$$

THAT ANGRY DONALD AND THAT BAMBI TSUM ARE THE CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD ASDJKALJDLAJDLAJLDJLAJDLJA I NEED ANGRY DONALD (and all the other Donalds)

Also, I had never heard of "Beanie Babies" before..........
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Your collection is soooooo cute!!!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Lethe Wait......stop......You never heard of Beanie Babies? They were a HUUUUGE thing in the USA (I assumed it was also a global phenomenon, but I guess not? My bad.) and my first website was even a Beanie Baby fansite. They were just plush animals that were kind of cute but the compactness of details on Tsum Tsums are wayyy cuter. I had always wanted to be a "collector". I'm glad that my husband understands because he likes to somewhat collect Star Wars toys.

I'm glad that the articles were helpful! I wasn't sure if they would be or not so I am glad they turned out to be. And I kind of documented each tsum when I got it on twitter (heh) so that allowed me to put in rough dates! I thought it would be fun to document so I could see when I started and how things grow over time.

And I am definitely not a completionist collector in the slightest. I really only hype about upcoming sets that I'm looking forward to. (Latest was the Aristocat release in Japan EEEE!) I don't have the energy to try and get all of them ever made. xD

@Mikari Thank you!!!!