2015/16 Shrine Goals

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Samantha

Re: 2015/16 Shrine Goals

Post by Samantha »

Something Cherished
Zero was probably my favorite site I made this year! I put a lot of effort into the set-up and found myself learning a lot about both Sayaka and the way I want to make shrines moving forward while working on it. I'm so happy to know that others also were able to enjoy it. :heart:

Something Accomplished
I'm proud of myself for creating more than one site this year! I'm still struggling with regard to my perfectionism and have a bunch of half-finished/partially started sites uploaded... But I do acknowledge that I'm slowly getting better at just having fun and getting stuff up.

Something Different
I'd really like to get better at making original relationship shrines through re-organizing Resonance and working on my shrine to Yuri & Flynn for Dynamic Duos! I'd also like to make my first ever general series site for Shin Sekai Yori.

Something Continued
I have a lot of work done on my shrines for Zinnia from Pokemon and Loki from the Thor/Avengers movies, so I'd like to get those finished in 2016!!

Something Reworked
I've decided that 2016 is going to be my "revamp" year... But my priorities are definitely The Raven and Hymnaria!

Something Remembered
I've been thinking about making a shrine for Auron from FFX for a number of years now and have some renewed passion to do so... 2016 may be the year.

Something Important
Marathon/challenge shrines (Sohma Akito from Fruits Basket, Yin from Darker than BLACK and Yuri & Flynn from Tales of Vesperia) and Raven from Tales of Vesperia. Definitely Raven. I must finish Ravennnnnn!!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Something Cherished
This year was the year of the fansite for me, with the launch of the new Nyx's Lounge and the new Grab Bag. I'm super happy and proud to have revamped both sites, especially Nyx's Lounge, as it was quite a colossal redesign thanks in part to the 70 fics on the website.

Something Accomplished
Having finally learned about relative and absolute paths, I have slimmed down Nyx's Lounge back end considerably, allowing the site to be a mere third in weight of what it used to be!

Something Different
If I can learn Gulp and make it work on my computer, I would love to step away from Bootstrap and learn Semantic UI to make awesome layouts a little less generic in form.

Something Continued
I, of course, intend to finish the Eva shrine that I have started building for the Dynamic Duo challenge!

Something Reworked
And to go with the Eva shrine, I will revamp the Sparda shrine so both have matching layouts, because I am romantic that way.

Something Remembered
My Vergil shrine has always been tiny and an outdated disaster. For 2016, I hope to build a bigger, better shrine to Vergil, with in-depth essays and info, so that I can close down the fanlisting but still keep up one of my oldest sites, since the fanlisting went up in 2002, shortly after Devil Child.

Something Important
I frankly hesitate between a shrine to Dante and Vergil's relationship and a shrine to the series Sky Doll.

The shrine to Dante and Vergil would allow me to close down my last fanlisting while keeping a site from 2004 up. It would also allow me to write down my thoughts about the twins, because even if you don't ship them, it's impossible to deny that their relationship is immensely important for both of them.

Meanwhile, a shrine to Sky Doll, which I have already gotten a modest attempt online, would fill what I feel is a void in the fandom. There is/was already a great site for news and side art online in French; however, there is no site which attempts to analyse the series and focus on information outside the gorgeous artwork. I want to be the person that builds this analytic shrine. With the series almost over (though there were 10 years or so between volumes 3 and 4) and entering the final conflict, I believe now is a great time to get the shrine started.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Something Cherished
This is definitely for Control Their Lives, my fansite for the Sims 1. I had so much nostaglia while creating it and I wanted to play it again no matter how outdated it is by now since it's a huge stepping stone for video games, especially with humans.

There was this documentary about Pixar (and I highly rec it) and I had no idea that Steve Jobs did a partnership with them. These guys were fired or brought over from Disney and did the unthinkable, and what was thought impossible, by animating on the computer and also animating humans.

With this game, it shows that even the simplest thing can be an enjoyment for hours on end.

Something Accomplished
Honestly, I'm really glad I got to participate in more events! :D

Something Different
I want to shrine something with a weapon. I'll probably do it for Vergil's as part of his shrine? -shot-

Something Continued
Ahaha omg, this is really for my Ulquihime shrine. It's been on the backburner for so long and it's in limbo still thanks to new fandoms. Oopsie...

Something Reworked
LOL so many. Mostly my domain, SO OLD BY NOW, along with my Sesshoumaru and Ulquiorra shrine.... -lazyyyyyyy-

Something Remembered
Ironically I can't remember who I want to shrine the most. Once I remember I will edit this xD

Something Important
It'll definitely be Vergil once I get my butt into gear after New Years lol!
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

All the projects. *-*

Something Cherished
Definitely Strength of Heart and Dornenkaefig because they're subjects I've loved for over ten years; Magic Knight Rayearth was part of my very first internet steps, whereas I remember stumbling upon the series Ludwig Revolution all those years ago and wanting to have a mini shrine to Idike one day. There's something so amazing in loving something for so long and wanting to create a tribute to it for just as long, then finally granting yourself that wish of yours. Especially when you look back and know that what you've produced now is something you could never have created with this particular vision back then. I am so looking forward to granting myself some more of these long-standing shrine wishes next year.

My motivation and inspiration for the Cephiro shrine was also a source of strength for me during finals, and I'm also so so happy it's the shrine that got me back into this community.

Something Accomplished
Coming back to Amassment and really making shrines my hobby, which also made me realize this is exactly where I want to be and how I want to spend my time. I only had a one page shrine before that, and don't remember the feelings associated with it. I've also made so many different layouts this year, and I think I've developed a better feel for coding them while picking up some minor new things. While I still don't love making layouts, the process has become more enjoyable to me - especially because I know I can poke people around Amassment when I have questions. :>

Also, Valkyrie. It's a very big shrine, but what it really showed me is that yes, I am capable of starting something big and finishing it - even if it takes two months, even if I have to juggle university and other things, even if there are periods of writer's block inbetween. As someone who often started things in the past without seeing them through and someone who often hesitates to even just start things that look like they'd require enormous effort and time, that means a lot to me. Dreaming big and following through is an experience from which you emerge with new confidence in yourself, and it makes me feel like I can tackle projects just as big in the future (... shrining-wise /cough).

Something Different
I think I'd like to try my hand at a combo shrine or a relationship shrine, especially with the Dynamic Duos challenge going on!

Something Continued
I've started taking notes for the shrine I'll be doing for the Fruits Basket marathon, so that will definitely be continued. With a shrine as big as Valkyrie finished, I think it's time to seriously map out what I plan to do with the NANA series, since Reira is a shrine I've started several years ago and wanted to create forever...

Something Reworked
Prisoner's Dilemma is an eyesore and needs a new layout; that background looks like something from ten years ago, I don't even know what I was thinking wtf. I'm intimidated at the thought of a new layout though since I'd be using lovely B/W scans and I'm not good at decorating and blending lmao.

Something Remembered
What I said about the NANA stuff. Figure out who I seriously want to make shrines for in the future, one page shrines or otherwise, and set the foundation accordingly; make a series shrine first if I must. Because that Reira shrine is sooo overdue.

Something Important
The Fruits Basket marathon shrine, and then it's time to figure out what I want to do for the Dynamic Duo challenge. Also, at least something Claymore, since I have several upcoming projects for that series. Aaaaaaand I should replay Aquaria and make a shrine to that.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Something Cherished & Accomplished
Pretty easy answer for this one - Winds of Change, my FF12 site. I put an enormous amount of work into it, but the result was a site I'd wanted to make for years and I'm really happy with it. There's still some things left to add and some things I'd like to touch-up, but as the site stands now it's everything I wanted it to be when I started the project and I couldn't be happier.

I'm also really happy I pulled Awakening together into a full site. It's a really niche-interest site but I had a lot of fun making it.

Something Different
I have something in the works now that may or may not pan out into a full site; it depends on if I can get the materials together for it. It concerns a character with more questions than answers to their story, which makes for difficult (but interesting!) analysis.

Other than that, I'd like to move more towards responsive design. I've moved in that direction with a couple of sites but I'd like to move all of my sites towards that goal over the next few years.

Something Reworked
I've got a couple new layouts in mind, given the note about responsive design above. It's been taking me some time to come up with a good design for some of them, though.

In theory, I'd like to revamp my Kefka site in 2016, but I don't know if I'll have time. Depends on if I can slot in a FF6 replay, really. I keep batting around the idea of making a site for FF6 itself but I have no idea what form it would take.

Something Remembered, Continued, & Important
These categories all rolled up into the same two sites for me, haha. I've been about 75% finished with a site for Ayumi Hamasaki for several years now, but my need to make it just right has kept me from releasing it. Sometimes I'm very particular with sites and this is one of them.

The other site I'd like to work on is my Lightning site. This is another site I'm really particular about, but it's to the point where I just need to bite the bullet and do my best to get it finished. In working on it, I'd like to continue expanding Defiers of Fate.
tonight fate is the
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Something Cherished
The only thing I actually completed this year was my Kyubey site, oops.

Something Accomplished
I really feel like I haven't accomplished much of anything this year, sitewise. My focus has been elsewhere.

Something Different
I'd like to make a site to a series, which I've never done before. I have a couple of topics in mind but I'm not sure yet how to tackle them.

Something Continued
Oh man, things I have started and not finished this year. It's quite a list. I've made the most progress rebuilding my old Yuffie site from the ground up. I think it's about half done now? It'll be my main focus aside from C.C. - which I've also started and is my Dynamic Duos topic. Aside from that I've been working intermittently on shrines to Rydia, Alistair and remaking my old Turks site. My progress is very slow.

Something Reworked
KAIN. I'm so unhappy with that layout and I want to give the whole thing a nice revamp and finally add in sections on the sequel.

Something Remembered
Rydia! My domain really needs to have its namesake shrined.

Something Important
Mostly what I've mentioned already, although I do have other ideas I'd like to pursue and a bunch of fanlistings I'd dearly love to expand into shrines. But I know I should focus on fewer things so I can actually finish them. Out of everything I mentioned, making a Rydia site is my biggest priority.
a spoony bard
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Something Accomplished
Well, I managed to get the Luxio fanlisting and expand that. I also created Mundspilli and did minor updates to ancient sites. I felt pretty good about those things.

Something Different
I'd like to experiment with presenting information in a different manner in some of my shrines. I think this coming year I wanted to turn my Sigilyph fanlisting into a shrine and create a series of narratives to present information in an entertaining way and try to break away from essays to do something fresh.

Something Continued
Hoping to finish up my Dynamic Duos shrine! :D

Something Remembered
So many on my list, ugh. I'd really like to flesh out Mundspilli so maybe I could finish up my King Shisa shrine. I also still have my Saint Tail shrine in the works and I'm not sure if that will ever truly come to life...

Something Important
Definitely my Dynamic Duo site!! I will make sure it gets done! >:)
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

Something Cherished
My entire network. I had neglected all of my websites for about a good solid two years while going through a particularly nasty string of mental illness problems and so finally having sorted out my websites, revamped everything with new layouts and made a blog to dedicate to my progress, I feel like last year was a good stepping stone to start this year off with a productive bang!

Something Accomplished
Joining in the Dynamic Duo challenge and working toward my first ever full tribute being completed. I have never made a full shrine before and the thought of finally having that, of finally being able to point to it and say "yeah, that's all mine" is something I am really, truly looking forward to!! I have always "started" the idea of a full shrine, even started by making a website outline but I had never worked toward an actual website or even bothered to make pages. So even starting this project is a huge sense of accomplishment for me!

Something Different
To complete at least five websites. I always get these huge bursts of inspiration that I never do anything with and I am lucky if I can even manage to complete one site in a year. This year, however, it is my goal to work through and complete 5! It might be setting the bar rather low but when you're dealing with the sheer about of unmotivation that I do on a daily basis, 5 websites seems like a mountain!

Something Continued
My Clow Cards website. I have always wanted to make a full website for this subject and even went so far as to try joining into a challenge on here for the Old School challenge but, once again, I failed to deliver and the project blew up with just the sheer amount of work that needed to be done with it! Even though I failed the challenge itself, I still want to get this website off the ground and finally be able to pat myself on the back for completing a website I've technically had in the making (or at least STARTED) for about six years now.

Something Reworked
Tough to say when I don't really have many shrines in the first place but I definitely need to go through Thick (my Ryohei Sasagawa OPS) and revamp the content/css. I need to go through images and dead links and also change the CSS so it's not so bloody blinding to go through :rage: The OPS portion itself won't be getting changed but there are probably some more images I can add to the gallery section and the like!

Something Remembered
It's honestly a tie between my Tales of the Abyss and Lovely Complex full tributes. Both have been lingering in limbo for years and I just... really want to finally start those. Both series mean a lot to me and I want to finally be able to show them the love that they both deserve!

Something Important
For a full, extensive tribute, it's definitely my Hinata Shouyo website. For a smaller one, that would have to be my Manabe Kakeru site! :D I'm looking forward to making and completing both of those with the new year!