Shrines and The Outside World

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Vii

Re: Shrines and The Outside World

Post by Vii »

Mikari wrote:I actually got into saying "shrine" because of Amassment. Before I would always say fan site. I might switch to it again later when the mood strikes
Vii wrote:The only people who know are the only ones worth talking to, really. I don't keep "friends" around who would think I'm weird for having a hobby like this. I have no patience for casual, hang out only friends.
I totally agree, although I keep good aquaintances at work, those are the talk to them when you're in the same place people.
I have those too :) But then again, I would never mention anything about any of my hobbies to them xD Though a customer once asked me what kind of music I listen to, and I said a lot of hard rock and metal, and my one coworker was proud and high-fived me xD Nobody needs to know what language the music is in xD
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Vii wrote:Though a customer once asked me what kind of music I listen to, and I said a lot of hard rock and metal, and my one coworker was proud and high-fived me xD Nobody needs to know what language the music is in xD
Well it doesn't matter what language the music is, it's all the same genre. That's what I find out when I listened to a lot of Asian-stuff and find the sound of music is rather generic, sans the language. So in essence, you do like hard rock, it's just in a different language. :)
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Vii

Post by Vii »

Eden wrote:
Vii wrote:Though a customer once asked me what kind of music I listen to, and I said a lot of hard rock and metal, and my one coworker was proud and high-fived me xD Nobody needs to know what language the music is in xD
Well it doesn't matter what language the music is, it's all the same genre. That's what I find out when I listened to a lot of Asian-stuff and find the sound of music is rather generic, sans the language. So in essence, you do like hard rock, it's just in a different language. :)
I like the same musical genres in any language really. I just happen to favor asian bands. Sometimes I think the English singing moves too slowly - we have a very slow language compared to others. So sometimes I feel like the pace of the singing doesn't quite fit with the music. If that makes any sense at all :x Or I'm just weird :)
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Kula

Post by Kula »

Vii wrote:
Kula wrote:I think most of the people I know RL know about how much I like anime/manga/games and how I make websites since I study to work on it BUT just some of them know which one is actually my domain and such... specially since I list on my domain my online alias and I even have some boys love content on it.
That's about the same for me :) Though my two closest friends know I'm into BL and they don't judge me for it xD
Ohh I think from my close friends the only one that judges me but mostly to make fun of me it's my boyfriend xD He actually calls everything I play "gay" just to see my reaction :cry:
overskill / uchuu ☆*。★゚*♪ヾ(☆ゝз・)ノ♪ ♪
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Kula wrote:
Vii wrote:
Kula wrote:I think most of the people I know RL know about how much I like anime/manga/games and how I make websites since I study to work on it BUT just some of them know which one is actually my domain and such... specially since I list on my domain my online alias and I even have some boys love content on it.
That's about the same for me :) Though my two closest friends know I'm into BL and they don't judge me for it xD
Ohh I think from my close friends the only one that judges me but mostly to make fun of me it's my boyfriend xD He actually calls everything I play "gay" just to see my reaction :cry:
And what is your reaction XD
Vii

Post by Vii »

dubiousdisc wrote:
Kula wrote:
Vii wrote:
I'm pretty curious about the answer to that question as well xD
Varen

Post by Varen »

Only my sister and mother know. My father doesn't because originally he didn't support my web design hobby. Ever since my mother secretly paid for my first domain, the whole thing is a secret to him. And yeah, I never bother showing them to friends, because to everyone else, I'm a closet gamer/anime fan.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
tox

Post by tox »

In high school it didn’t take much time until a huge part of my class knew about my websites, which was kind of embarrassing since I used to have a personal weblog during that time, which seemed to be the most interesting thing for them anyway.

For about five years I haven’t found much time to look after my websites. I recently moved in with my boyfriend and when I first started to work on my websites while he was in the same room he mocked me by calling me a freak for spending time on fan sites. I still don’t feel that comfortable working on my sites while he’s around, although he now says he admires me for my knowledge of building websites and he likes the graphics I make. He even asked me if I could print the graphic I use in my current domain layout on a t shirt for him.

People I met during the past five years don’t really know about my hobby. I think it’s ok, though it sometimes seems that people approach you differently if they know you’re good at something. Especially during my studies I often felt a little underestimated.
Kula

Post by Kula »

Vii wrote:
dubiousdisc wrote:
Kula wrote:
Vii wrote:
I'm pretty curious about the answer to that question as well xD
omg a bit late but XD /hides I generally just glare at him when he says it in front of other people and later on kick him on private... he really likes to tease me :T
overskill / uchuu ☆*。★゚*♪ヾ(☆ゝз・)ノ♪ ♪
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Aw, haha. OOH BOYS.