Your video game genre(s)

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Destinie

Re: Your video game genre(s)

Post by Destinie »

Crystal wrote:I really like to play video games that make me think, so puzzle and strategy types are king. I also like to play adventure and rpg type games as well.
Ditto! I think that Video games are a great way to exercise your brain and then you feel really accomplished when you finish a good brainteaser! ;)
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

RPGs are all I'm really good at, haha. I mostly like turn based or strategy ones. I've been trying to steer away from JRPGs and play more western ones lately. Though I'm finding that similar issues exist in both (mostly regarding women), but that's a topic for another day.

I like simulation games too, and I'm actually warming up to shooters! I blame Mass Effect.

I'm absolutely terrible at platformers, though. I love me some Mario games but boy do I suck at them. And I can't play sidescrollers to save my life.

I can't play survival horror games :X. I get wayyyy too scared, it's pathetic. I can barely watch other people play them.
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Michelle wrote:I can't play survival horror games :X. I get wayyyy too scared, it's pathetic. I can barely watch other people play them.
lol I have that problem, too.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I don't think I'll ever warm up to shooters. I tried to play Doom back when it was the coolest thing, but my aim is so terrible. Needless to say I fail at Dunk Hunt and Yoshi's Safari unless I shoot point blank at the TV.
Juhi

Post by Juhi »

Eh, shooters. I prefer arcade shooters to FPS myself.

I'd say fighters are my ultimate favs (the shinier the combo, the better haha), but pretty much anything that's moderately engaging works for me. I'm not a huge fan of certain sims, RPGs, and sports games though.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I suck at combos...
Eden

Post by Eden »

Playing FPS have improved my hand-to-eye coordination and had an influence on my piano playing since my fingers and hands are doing a lot of different things at the same time. Just playing video games has improved this greatly and I'm grateful for shooters and other games in general for this. :3
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Juhi

Post by Juhi »

Well, there are some studies that show videogames improving cognitive function. It's not too hard to see either. Even a simple platformer requires a player to come up with solutions to certain dilemmas. More research is needed, but I can't imagine videogames being "brainless" or "mind-rotting".
Mikari wrote:I suck at combos...
Depends on the game really. Some engines have easier combos than others. Link combos give me the most problems (i.e. SF4).
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I can only do a few simple "special moves" in adventure games.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I am awful at fighting games. D: I find them fun, but I tend to button smash my way to epic failure and the occasional glorious victory.

I've always found roguelikes difficult to get into. I think the random aspect of them puts me off.

I am quite good at racing games! All that time playing Mario Kart was well spent. But I guess my genre would be RPGs? I like puzzle and strategy games and...most things, I guess, but I mainly play RPGs (and I include both JRPGs and western ones in that).
a spoony bard