Final Fantasy VII remake

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Final Fantasy VII remake

Post by nyxmidnight »

IT'S FOR REAL THIS TIME.

GET HYPE.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Camy
Administrator

Re: Final Fantasy VII remake

Post by Camy »

NO LIE MY FRIENDS AND I ON SKYPE WERE FREAKING OUT when the three of us saw the buster sword 8DDD
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

I KNOW THAT'S WHEN I SAID "OH MY GOD" OUT LOUD

I WAS ALONE IN THE HOUSE AND ALSO I AM NOT ENGLISH

SO HYPE
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

SO PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO STARTED CRYING

I didn't even WANT a remake but the music and Cloud and Barret and I BAWLED.

I have so many questions I need answered though. My top five are:

- will Red still dress up as a human on the boat? On that note, will Barret still wear the sailor suit and get made fun of?

- The entire Honeybee Inn experience. Plus how are they going to do Don Corneo because uh, hd will make all this x10000000000 times more creepy, but I still need Cloud in drag.

- Will Cloud say "let's mosey" (he better)

- Can we still take Barret on a date (we'd better)

- PLEASE DON'T PUT GACKT IN IT (not a question, my one demand)

- When the chocobo warks at you, can you still wark back (now fully voice acted!)

- So the buff dude who owns the gold saucer and walks around in a thong or something? Like what?

- So how are they going to deal with the protagonists being terrorists because we live in a very different world nowadays?

- OH MAN BUT DO WE STILL GET TO PERFORM RUFUS'S OPENING CEREMONY THING?

- WILL PALMER STILL WANT LARD?

- WILL RUFUS BE HOT SHIT (YAAAAAAS)

- CAN YOU LIKE TOTALLY NOT FUCK UP THE TURKS please

- and will Hojo still try to breed a woman with a canine like creature cos......that shit was weird.

- WILL VINCENT STILL LEAP FROM A COFFIN THE FIRST TIME YOU MEET HIM?

- Square Enix, are you FINALLY going to render Cait Sith's moogle in HD? Is this going to be the most amazingly ridiculous thing ever? PLEASE

ooops way more than five, I kept thinking of things. I love this game, okay.
a spoony bard
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

When I first heard about it, I thought it was just another port. It took a while for it to sink in that it was actually an HD remake. Unfortunately I haven't seen Reno, Sephy or Rufus yet, or any of the Turks, but I'm definitely looking forward to following every scene, pic and trailer that comes out. FFVII was what got me into FF and Reno got me into shrine making and pixeling. I had made sites before, but this was my first character centric site.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

It still hasn't totally sunk in that it's real, tbh. I keep half expecting it to be a giant troll. (Which I wouldn't put past them if it wasn't for the trailer.)

I've always considered a FF7 remake inevitable and my biggest concern has always been, well, keeping FF7 weird. Because it is a weird game. There are a lot of silly moments that they got away with because they were working with simple polygons that are really bizarre if you try to take them seriously, or if you think about them too hard. Emma listed most everything I've been wondering, especially the more sketchy parts of the game because YEAH.... it's been 20 years.

My highlights:
- Mr. Dolphin. (It was even in the trailer!)
- The part where you run into Hojo on the beach surrounded by women. Is that going to be in HD. Do I even want it in HD. I don't know.
- There's that part where Biggs or Wedge (can't remember which) falls from the sector seven support tower during the fight and it's fine because he's polygons but THAT WOULD BE HORRIFYING IN HD???
- Also, is Cid going to swear in hashtags and ampersands if he's voiced or are they going to change his dialogue or bleep him or does he get to swear? Ditto Barret, I'm just biased about Cid.

And there are the enemies. Like, look at this page. All FF games have weird enemies but FF7 has things like the Hell House, aka a sentient house that attacks you. There's this weird thing that flings itself at you. And don't get me started on all the creepy stuff in the Shinra Mansion. Even imagining half this stuff in super realistic HD boggles my brain.

Anyway, apparently they're going to expand the story. I hope that just means more worldbuilding and not, you know, Gackt. Or anything from Dirge. Please don't add anything from Dirge. Just expand on the stuff already in the game.

man I wonder how they're gonna do the world map. And do we get new materia? .........can this new materia not involve any chocobo races please I've done that too many times.

(I really want HD snowboarding though. CID AND TIFA BETTER BE ABLE TO DO IT TOO.)

(this is tl;dr i'm sorry i just. IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING....)
tonight fate is the
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

HAHA I just keep thinking of more and more things that are just going to be crazy if they put them in the remake. What I'm actually concerned about most is that they'll make it completely humourless - I do like the Compilation (mostly....), but it lost a lot of the charm and humour (and yeah, WEIRDNESS) of the game so I'd hate for the remake to do that. I don't especially trust Nomura tbh, and he's in charge. Obviously lots of things will change and I'm ready for that, but I don't to lose the...spirit of the game, I guess?

Also I don't want them to use the Turks as primarily comic relief like they did in AC. I know there was some of that in the game, but they were also pretty ruthless and threatening. Did everyone just forget that Reno dropped the plate on Sector 7 and never, ever showed any remorse for it? Even Reeve shows remorse for what he did while at Shinra and as far as I know never committed any acts of mass murder.

LARISSA ISN'T IT GREAT? WE CAN TLDR FOREVER TOGETHER. I have discovered the last few days that I'm not tired of talking about this game. Almost 20 years later. And now we're going to have the PS4 port to nitpick PLUS the whole new remake. I'm so glad I went with a ps4 and not an xbox one now, tbh. Worth it just for this.
a spoony bard
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Emma, have you seen the Complete version of AC? There's a lot of new stuff in there that wasn't in the original movie (including some new stuff with the Turks you might like). Personally I'm curious if they'll work anything in from Before Crisis with regard to Avalanche, especially given the soldiers seen in the trailer. HMMM.

And yeah I'm with you on keeping the spirit of the game. I fully expect things to change but please just keep FF7 weird and wacky because that's the game it is. I mean, there's a mako reactor with a FIFTY-FOOT BIRD ON TOP OF IT. Can we talk about Fort Condor because SERIOUSLY, WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT? NO ONE EVER EXPLAINS THAT. I'm trying to imagine that in HD and I just can't do it.

I was already thinking about getting a PS4 but this is what sold me, sob. At least I know it won't come out until 2020 because, you know, Square Enix.
tonight fate is the
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I actually haven't! I've been meaning to for years tbh. I'll have to get my hands on it (and also finally watch all those Before Crisis videos on youtube because I think my current motivation to get my old school shrine done is so I can work on my Turks site asap.)

LMAO there's just more and more stuff that you think of that is just going to be TOTALLY CRAZY in hd. Bring it, Square Enix. BRING IT.

I want to guess that it'll be out in 2017, because it's the 20th anniversary and they like to make a big deal out of these things. But I'm probably being far too optimistic about that.
a spoony bard
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Reno dropping Don Corneo off a cliff in HD.

Fuck yeah can't wait.