Mobile-Friendly

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Mobile-Friendly

Post by dubiousdisc »

I make all of my designs responsive and all that jazz. I think it's worth it.

But now that you're asking the question, I actually went to check how many people do actually access my fansites through mobile devices and, for this month, I see that I have a 27% of visits from phones/tablets. I then went to check globally on all of my sites and projects that are not necessarily fansites and I kept seeing about the same percentage, so this seems to be somewhat of a trend: at this point, about one third of all visits to anything I have are from mobile devices! That's almost one third of users! I hadn't realized they were so many! This is more important than I thought!

So I guess I'll go double-check that everything I have works perfectly on mobiles, yikes.

Anyway, if you want to try your hand at responsive designs, I recommend you read up on CSS media queries.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

What do you think of mobile friendly?
I think it's a great idea especially since many people have mobile devices and they're easier to take with you. There was a study that people can pay for phones rather than laptops and/or desktops.

Also, let's face it, mobile is huge.

If you haven't done it yourself, do you know of any examples?
I have done it. Bootstrap already has it for you.

Do you think it is worth adding to your sites?
Yes. Pretty soon I'll be updating my sites to have it so that people who use mobile devices won't have trouble.

Do you think your sites are viewed more on a computer or on smart phones/tablets now-a-days?
It's balanced between the two.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Lysianthus

Post by Lysianthus »

[...] What do you think of it? If you haven't done it yourself, do you know of any examples?
I think responsive is good. I want my websites not only to be "mobile-friendly", but also look good in different screen resolutions (for laptops and desktops).

There are many responsive frameworks out there. The most popular ones are Bootstrap and Foundation. My issue with frameworks is code bloating. And there are so many styles to override. :ack: This takes so much effort compared to when I make my own layouts responsive. So I just do the latter.

You can also make your layouts fluid. Then, they will seem "responsive" even when they aren't. :ok:

Do you think it is worth adding to your sites?
Yes. I try to make all my websites responsive. :ok: I don't have shrines yet, but I'm planning to create one soon. It would be interesting to see how I plan to incorporate responsiveness to shrine layouts.

Do you think your sites are viewed more on a computer or on smart phones/tablets now-a-days?
Some of my websites are viewed more on laptops/desktops instead of mobile browsers, but there are some which are viewed more on mobile browsers and tablets. So many people are using handheld devices to browse websites now, and I never know who's going to visit my websites. And like what @Camy said, there is a greater number of people who have phones instead laptops/desktops. I want to keep my visitors, so I'm playing it safe. :ok:
Affelius (creative) ☆ Asclaria (network) ☆ Lysianthus (personal)