Pokemon - What were your Starters?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Pokemon - What were your Starters?

Post by Larissa »

Tara wrote:Bulbasaur, Chikarita, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawatt, and Fennekin! Granted I wish I would have went with Froakie, because I really did not like Delphox lol.

I tend to go with whatever Pokemon I find the cutest. Sometimes I tend to stray from certain types because I find other Pokemon you can catch in the wild more... cute. For example, I never go with fire types anymore because Vulpix is usually my go-to every time.
See I love fire types so much that I end up training too many. In my X playthrough I had a Ninetales and a Charizard and had to abandon my Fennekin to the box because I couldn't bring myself to have a half fire team. I think I was training the mystery gift Torchic too. I have a fire type problem.
tonight fate is the
Todd

Post by Todd »

Larissa wrote:
Tara wrote:Bulbasaur, Chikarita, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawatt, and Fennekin! Granted I wish I would have went with Froakie, because I really did not like Delphox lol.

I tend to go with whatever Pokemon I find the cutest. Sometimes I tend to stray from certain types because I find other Pokemon you can catch in the wild more... cute. For example, I never go with fire types anymore because Vulpix is usually my go-to every time.
See I love fire types so much that I end up training too many. In my X playthrough I had a Ninetales and a Charizard and had to abandon my Fennekin to the box because I couldn't bring myself to have a half fire team. I think I was training the mystery gift Torchic too. I have a fire type problem.
Hahaha. That would drive me nuts. I carefully plan out my team in advance, making sure no type overlaps, and I have something that can combat any Pokemon that comes my way. I'm way too OCD for this game.

I approach the game a lot like Tara. If I know I'll be catching a Pokemon of a certain type that will be in my final party, I will avoid that Starter. I wanted a Sharpedo, so I didn't choose Froakie. I have Houndoom for Fire right now, but may switch it out when I get Sharpedo because I don't want two Dark types. lol
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

LOL, Todd, your example helped me figure out why I was so darn bad at Pokemon--I never really thought through my teams like that. I just caught and played the ones I liked, basically xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Larissa wrote:

omg I have the same problem. I love so many different fire Pokemon so I always have a hard time deciding which one I want to use!! I think I had the same Pokemon in Y actually. Delphox, Charizard, and Ninetails, and I ended up using Ninetails as she was a gift from a friend. :heart: And in AS I'm trying to decide between Ninetails and Camerupt... I can't chose!!

But like Todd, I usually try to plan my team before I play. I didn't go with Mudkip in AS this time because I wanted to make sure I used Sharpedo as my water Pokemon. (I also wanted to try a different starter lol.) The main problem I have is that I'm not actually a big fan of most starters? So they usually get replaced at some point orz
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Gen I: Charmander ♥♥
Gen II: Totodile ♥♥
Gen III: Never played
Gen IV: Turtwig
Gen V: Tepig (for some reason I had totally forgotten its name and had to look it up lol)
Gen VI: Never played

Charmander used to be my favorite Pokemon for a really long time until I switched to Meowth. Totodile is my favorite starter and I love Croconaw. I usually don't want to evolve it. ;-; Feraligatr is pretty sweet too (since it's kind of like Godzilla!). After Gen 2 I haven't cared for most of the starters. I think Turtwig is pretty cute but ended up boxing my Torterra through the game. Not really interested at all in gen vi so I'm waiting to see what the gen vii starters look like. Just a few more years, I'm sure! >:D

I usually pick whichever is cutest. If none of them I deem cute then I will default to a fire-type. (Hence Tepig.)
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

What a great topic. I love seeing what everyone chooses!

Gen I: Bulbasaur, always. Bulbasaur is my #1 favorite Pokemon :D
Gen II: Chikorita, I feel a special bond with Meganium ;D
Gen III: I picked Torchic for my latest play-through but I regret it. Should have gone with grass!
Gen IV: Piplup
Gen V: Snivy
Gen VI: Fennekin

I also pick whichever I think is the cutest! :D