Visionary Sphere Network (WithinMyWorld.org)

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Visionary Sphere Network (WithinMyWorld.org)

Post by dubiousdisc »

I think that I don't even know why you're asking if it's organized since it's SO ORGANIZED! Like, could it be any MORE organized? XD

YOU'RE FINE. YOU'RE FINE! GO WITH IT. It's great :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

YAY ^O^ *vote of confidence received* :D

(also, I've puttered around and fixed up most of the version 15 stuff today, so I thinkkkkkk I might be able to upload it all soon! :O)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

VERSION 15 IS HERE!

WithinMyWorld.org has gotten a HUGE facelift after months of puttering!
Version 15, Passionate Light, is now live and ready to view!

Here's a short list of what's new:
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hurray! Good job! COLORS! :D
Huuuh I would have never thought of doing text links with the outline the way you did them. Neat! :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Thank you, Dubs! :D (I hope it's not color overload but I did want that summery gradient effect <3)

LOL I found out how to do the text outline here after some Googling and clicking around exploring. I, uh, kinda went nuts with it, but I think it looks good ^_^;
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

It looks awesome, Robin! I LOVE the colors and how they appear in some manner on each of your other pages! It's so bright and fun! I didn't even know that you could outline the text like you have done and now I want to go back to some older layouts and add it.

I really like how you did your exits and links pages. I saw you talking about how you wanted to condense it to one page, and I really love how it turned out! I love your information on the layout and how it mentions invisible things that we can't see just from looking at the layout. Overall, I really love it! The colors pop, the information is awesome, and I can tell you put a lot of effort into it~!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Megan A: thank you!! :D and yay for outlining text! Mannnnn that was a GAME CHANGER for this layout--I kept struggling with trying to make the navigation links more visible until I found that trick. Crazy what text-shadow can do; I would have never thought of that particular little hack on my own :D

I'm glad the exits page works well, too! I'm still thinking over possible ways to condense things even further (like have fewer buttons, and maybe someday put all the links on the single exits page too), but this is SO MUCH BETTER than it was. I was such a link hoarder before, omg :P
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I like the new colours, Robin! The index page really looks like there's light beaming down from above. :D The colour schemes on the domain and network pages are my favourites.

Two things since you said we should poke you in case something might not be working as intended:

1) I think that on the links page, visited links have a very light colour that makes the links difficult to read. If it's intentional, don't worry, I just thought I'd bring it up as I know that sometimes I forget setting the CSS for visited links.

2) When I collapse the three divs on your index page, they overlap/the margins are not even: example 1 + example 2 One way to avoid this is by setting a "group name" for all three links; that way, when you collapse one of them after having already opened another, the first one will close, and only one div is displayed at a time. Poke me in Discord if you'd like me to help! (By the way, feel free to poke me anytime you find something on one of my sites and want an introduction to the thing. <O><O> /hops around your layout archive)
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Yayayay thank you Lethe! Glad you like the overall look and feel :D

I will check that visited link color--It's probably a copy paste error I overlooked (because I fiddled with the layout code so much LOL). Also, I would love to make each of the index page divs close when another is opened; what do you mean by "group name?" /sorry for noob question XD
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

:D In your animatedCollapse.js file, you have this snippet:

Code: Select all

animatedcollapse.addDiv('colleagues', 'fade=1, speed=600, hide=1')
animatedcollapse.addDiv('joined', 'fade=1, speed=600, hide=1')
animatedcollapse.addDiv('featured', 'fade=1, speed=600, hide=1')
Now add the "group=nameofyourchoice" attribute to all three of them, for example

Code: Select all

animatedcollapse.addDiv('colleagues', 'fade=1, speed=600, hide=1, group=extra')
and only one of them will be open at a time! You can see it in example 4-6 here.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.