Geez, how much has Pokemon changed since I was a kid?!

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Cherri

Re: Geez, how much has Pokemon changed since I was a kid?!

Post by Cherri »

@CuriousLittleBird: Goood~ I like playing the games. I dropped out of the anime and never read the manga. And I love pokemon and if you wanna get back into it, I wouldn't mind helping. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Cherri Awesome :D So far the info-gathering for the Clefairy shrine is going well, but if I hit a snag I'll know who to talk to! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I'm slowly working on revamping my Pokemon collective, until then, the current version will stay up archived mode, though I plan to have a remade version at some point maybe early next year with all the projects I have going on. Looking forward to your shrine! It's awesome how the Pokemon community has stayed active. Does anyone remember the Rocket Warehouse? I used to visit that site really often in the past, though it doesn't exist anymore.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I'm still not 100% sold on the "Primal" and "Mega" forms...............
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Mikari Thank you--I hope your revamps go well too! (I'm really surprised at the Pokemon fanbase's longevity, too--I never expected it to go this long!)

@Destinie Ooo, Primal and Mega forms are new to me--what's the basic differences between those and regular form? :)
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Those temporary evolutions feel more Digimon than Pokemon to me. Just when I was starting to get used to Mega they added Primal. I hope they don't go temp evolution crazy O.o;;
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Mikari I remember people used to argue about whether Digimon or Pokemon were better but now they seem like they are combining, haha!

@Robin Mega forms have been recently introduced in the X and Y games. If you get a mega stone, you can use it within a battle to "mega-evolve" your pokemon. It will get a new form just for the length of the battle. Different things happen aside from it looking [slightly] different. They might get a type change, get a special move, or have a different ability. As for the Primal Form: I am not too knowledgeable about it, yet. I don't think there has been much information leaked on them but I know that the Pokemon may get a special move or ability.

In my opinion, they are just gimmicks to get people to play the new games but I know many people who feel otherwise. ;P
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Destinie Ah, okay! That's quite a weird little twist they put in! Glad it doesn't last forever after the battle you use it in, otherwise that would be a bit overpowered, lol
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

lol yes I remember that! XD I thought the plot of digi was more varied, but I like the creatures from pokemon better. Overall, my interest in Digi stayed with Adventure and 02, while Pokemon, even if I haven't watched it regularly since the Orange Islands, remains one of my top favorites.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Never really got into Digimon much, because back in the day I was a total Pokemon hipster going "OMG, Digimon is a total ripoff of Pokemon blah blah blah"...now that I'm over that, I might want to check into that! (But first, Clefairy shrine ^_^)
withinmyworld.org