Weird Photoshop Font Glitch?

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Robin
Events Staffer

Weird Photoshop Font Glitch?

Post by Robin »

I'm using Photoshop Elements 8.0, and every so often I'll notice that the font size settings will go "wonky" on me.

For instance, if I've been using 10px Ernest font to make buttons, sometimes "10px" will suddenly be MUCH larger than it's "supposed to be," if that makes any sense. No amount of changing the font size works once this happens--no matter what size you change it to, it's suddenly significantly larger than how the usual size displays, and it has nothing to do with the zoom level or anything.

The only "fix" I've found for this is to save what I'm working on and restart the program completely--then the font size goes back to normal. But it's VERY annoying to have to stop in the middle of a project and restart! And recently, it's been happening more often--no idea why.

Has anybody else ever seen this kind of glitch? Google doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about (or I just don't know how to phrase the question, more like, LOL).
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
neo

Re: Weird Photoshop Font Glitch?

Post by neo »

Ah yes! I have CS 5 and this has happened to me once, I had to go up like 300 pt for it to be like 14pt. WHAT. WHAT lol.

I had a different issue with PS7, and when I tried to type something, the layer would...suddenly become unavailable? it was weird.

My only fix is a restart, too. I hate adobe, but I love the stroke since it can be thinner/better that Paint Shop Pro D8

Edit: you can try a re-installation. But, who wants to sit through that again XD. It takes long enough just to open.
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Yeah, I thought maybe something was wonky with my install, but every version of Photoshop Elements I've ever used has had this bug. It's just that PSE8.0 seems to be doing it about 5x as frequently in recent weeks :/ weirdddd.

Photoshop, why u so cray? LOL
withinmyworld.org
neo

Post by neo »

I guess just try to save frequently and open / close it / re-open if you run into more problems.
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I've had this problem with Photoshop 7.0. I can't say for other programs or versions but I find the resolution can affect the font size. It's weird but I've had it happen a lot.

I've also had this happen (with the small text under the site title) which I have no idea why or how and I can't fix it. It looks okay though so I haven't bothered with it lol.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Todd

Post by Todd »

When that happens, your dpi is messed up. Go to File >> New. You should be familiar with the window that pops up, as you're just making a new Photoshop file. You can select your Width and Height here. The important field to note, for your problem though, is Resolution. Make sure that is set at 72 pixels/inch. That should fix your font problem. :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Oh, okay! Never even thought to look at the DPI...I will try that the next time the error pops up! Thanks, Todd! :D
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

No problem! Used to happen to me all the time is all. Lol