Anathema

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Anathema

Post by Tara »

... I've been busy, haha. Yet another shrine is open! I recently finished Anathema--my shrine to Tharja from Fire Emblem: Awakening. It was a lot of fun to talk about strategy and skills and even delve into some dark magic origins. Granted I think I spent more time thinking and rearranging subjects and pages than I did writing because she's such a minor character. @~@

I'd like to expand it in the future should I think of anything more to talk about, but here it is!
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Crystal

Re: Anathema

Post by Crystal »

Okay, first off I am super excited to see more FE shrines popping up. It is awesome being not the only one with shrines for FE subjects. We need more!

Second of all I completely enjoyed it. It was a very fun read and I love how you included both the character and in-game information together and make it flow nicely. I also learned things about Tharja that I didn't know before which I loved. Also, censorship. Can't have a Tharja shrine without that so I love that you talked about it. It's funny how the adding of the curtain just made it look more dirty. Silly people.

Awesome job! I'll be linking back to your shrine here shortly. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Thank you, Crystal! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D I tried to include as much information as I could that would still be fun. I've played the game so many times that I've seen almost all of Tharja's supports since she doesn't have a whole lot, and it's really interesting the more you can learn about her with different characters.

The censorship issues is so silly. That curtain really made the image look a lot more sketchy, which makes me laugh. Good job Nintendo!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

That's pretty awesome. I seem to be so busy leveling and reclassing everyone for skills and collecting supports that I've only beaten the game twice. *fails* I am working on my third playthrough though!

It really is. It would have been fine if the left it the way it was, but nope lol.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Awesome shrine, Tara! :D I like Tharja, but I haven't read all of your shrine because I still haven't beaten the game... but I love the layout! :heart: And I had no idea there were censorships in FE! That was interesting (and also a bit disappointing).
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Thank you, Chibi! I hope you're able to beat the game soon--I've beaten it about 3 times already, haha.

The censorships were interesting to learn about! I can't afford the DLC right now so it was all research. There are also a lot of character changes from Japanese to English I'd love to cover on a future shrine... If I ever make a Henry or Gaius one (which I miiiight), I'd like to touch on their changes as well. It's so interesting to see the changes between all the versions!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Oh, this is lovely! I got to read through it since I know enough about FE:A to not worry too much about spoilers at this point, though I would like to play it eventually. The section about her daughter was really interesting, and Tharja herself seems like a really interesting character. Lovely work!

(Also, your resource links keep pointing me to the best textures, haha! :content:)
tonight fate is the
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Ahh! I actually planned on Noire's page being really tiny, but I just ended up typing a maelstrom of text when I was working on it! I'm really happy with how that page turned out, so I'm really glad you like it. Noire is my favourite kid, next to Lucina.

I hope you get to play it soon~ I'm borrowing mine currently on long-term hahaha. I don't know if I'll ever give it back until I can get my own copy.

(I have such little resources because of this new PC, but I'm glad you enjoy them! I find all mine on tumblr nowadays.)
Todd

Post by Todd »

Wow, I am so excited about this, Tara! Ugh, you make me want to finish my Panne shrine, lol. Everything looks beautiful! I am going to sit down and read it after I finish laundry today, but I just wanted to comment and say congrats on finishing this and to let you know how I excited I am about this. Tharja is one of my favorite characters in the game. She and Henry together are hilarious.

Anyway, I'll post again later after I've read everything, and let you know what I think!
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Ahhh thank you so much Todd!! I'm really pumped to see your Panne shrine--she's another one of my favourites! :D I'm also glad I'm not the only one who finds Tharja and Henry's supports incredibly amusing, haha. They're so cute.