What are you playing?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Mikari

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Mikari »

I finished Class of Heroes 2's main story line :D might do some bonus dungeons.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Dubs: I like Luminous Arc! Mel and Kai are my favorites. I finished that one, gotta finish the second one though. ^-^;

Still playing Persona 3 FES and New Leaf.
;o; *** pew! pew!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I've heard that the second one improved in terms of gameplay, but I really like the characters of the first and I'm sad that it just has new characters. Then again maybe it's just a new set of cool characters. Who knows! I might want to try it out at some point, anyway.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I've been playing a lot of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City lately. Nothing like cruising around in fast cars listening to 80's music.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Restarted Pokemon White. Playing it with an entire pre-gen5 team. I have: Blaziken, Sharpedo, Skarmory, Espeon, Garchomp, and Rotom. Most are in lower evolutions... I just listed their final form here. I named my Rotom Sissel after the character from Ghost Trick. I'm quite pleased with myself.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Holy shit I will never see Rotom in the same way ever again!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

dubiousdisc wrote:I've heard that the second one improved in terms of gameplay, but I really like the characters of the first and I'm sad that it just has new characters. Then again maybe it's just a new set of cool characters. Who knows! I might want to try it out at some point, anyway.
Yup, new characters. I'm not to far in the game. Snow would know more about lovable new characters. And I'm not enjoying it as much as the first. But wouldn't hurt to give it more of a shot.
;o; *** pew! pew!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

dubiousdisc wrote:I've heard that the second one improved in terms of gameplay, but I really like the characters of the first and I'm sad that it just has new characters. Then again maybe it's just a new set of cool characters. Who knows! I might want to try it out at some point, anyway.
Yes, there were improvements in game play in the second. Unfortunately, I found the characters for it dreadful in comparison to the first (ugh, I tried so hard not to compare too). There was much about the character development I didn't like. And most of the cast isn't as dynamic as the previous. It's enjoyable as long as you don't compare it to the first. I did like the lead for 2 better than then 1. As Cherri mentioned though, give it a shot! Honestly, I couldn't really get into it as much as I did the 1st. I loved the first Luminous Arc (MAN, now I wanna play it again. ;w;)

Playing Animal Crossing New Leaf, just got the home center/ TIY? Fourth store.
Playing Persona 3 FES, need to get through October but I'm trying to steel my heart.
Navigating Persona 4, mostly getting to enjoy the story since Cherri's playing this and I'm just giving advice when she gets stuck.
Contemplating a run through of Dirge of Cerberus (but camera angles. @.@)
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Talking a small break from Persona 3. And playing Persona 4, I'm having a fun time with it. Nanako why are so cute? In New Leaf I got my store upgraded to TIY and trying to pay off my town hall.
;o; *** pew! pew!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

SnowRayjah wrote:
Yes, there were improvements in game play in the second. Unfortunately, I found the characters for it dreadful in comparison to the first (ugh, I tried so hard not to compare too). There was much about the character development I didn't like. And most of the cast isn't as dynamic as the previous. It's enjoyable as long as you don't compare it to the first. I did like the lead for 2 better than then 1. As Cherri mentioned though, give it a shot! Honestly, I couldn't really get into it as much as I did the 1st. I loved the first Luminous Arc (MAN, now I wanna play it again. ;w;)
When I play RPGs I am much more interested in the characters than in the gameplay, and I will often excuse a not-so-good gameplay if the cast manages to catch my attention (Agarest, I'm looking at you). Hearing this, I'm highly doubting LA2 is for me. I might just want to have a look at the character designs without knowing anything about them, and see what happens.

I would have been really surprised if the lead in the second one was WORSE than Alph. He's like... the most useless main character EVER XD a rifleman with piss-poor ranged attacks, Denise is joking that he must have a toy rifle with a cork...