How's it going?

From September 2017 to February 2018 create a shrine featuring something new, something you have never tried to shrine before: a subject, a specific character type, a medium, etc…it's time to step outside your comfort zone!
Destinie

How's it going?

Post by Destinie »

Let's talk about our process on our shrines for this event! Where is everyone right now?

Personally...I haven't started. What helps get you started? Any tips?
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Re: How's it going?

Post by Megan »

I have completed a few pages for my Something New tribute! I think that I am having a hard time really jumping into my sites these days D: I noticed that I was the most motivated while I was watching the series and taking notes, but now that I have completed it, it almost is a drag to write. I know that I am just in a slump, and the slump comes and goes... Hopefully it'll get easier soon!! :D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Megan I feel you! I definitely go through phases. When I had a lot of time and was at home I was so inspired to get work done on my sites. But that's so good you got a few pages done!! ♥ I'm rooting for you!
Janna

Post by Janna »

I also haven't started D: Suddenly I felt a bit unmotivated. But I think it's the change of season! I know I'll come back soon with new ideas!
Janna

Post by Janna »

Hi guys. I finished my fanlisting and shrine for Christian Slater. It's not done yet, as in... I still have to add images to it and start on the essays, but I just wanted to ask a quick question: Whenever it's decent (not 100% done in essays but having something to read through, I plan on writing about his films) how should I post on the subforum about it? Is there a standard? I don't want to mess things up :B
I guess I'll have it "finished" next month.
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

I'm about 75% of the way through! I'm trying to wrap it up by this Dec/Jan since I have about a month off.

@Destinie I feel like rewatching or replaying the media helps out a lot. Also, doing some research on the character/topic (journals, blog posts, reviews, etc.) helps me get jump started on essay ideas and whatnot.

@Janna Aside from the basic requirements, there's no standard, really! If it helps, I'd go check out some posts in the plugs section for some ideas on what to say ;)
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

I certainly haven't done much, measured against my hoped-for productivity levels, but I did throw together a layout, come up with a site map, and write the introduction. AND IT'S IN PHP. :content: :heart:

It's currently online here. Far to go, but journey of a thousand steps begins with one, etc.
Last edited by Sophia on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RAY GUN SUE
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

@Sophia this looks incredible so far! You deserve a celebratory cake for finally being able to work with PHP; just learning that skill in it of itself is such a daunting task. There's also a whole lot of animation going on, which I love! Being able to interact with elements really brings the whole layout to life, and I'm having fun rolling over the menu :heh:

Your preview of the pages you're planning on writing has me super interested in reading this series. I can't wait until everything goes up!
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

@Stefi - thank you so much :heart:

RAY GUN SUE
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Sophia wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:33 pm I certainly haven't done much, measured against my hoped-for productivity levels, but I did throw together a layout, come up with a site map, and write the introduction. AND IT'S IN PHP. :content: :heart:

It's currently online here. Far to go, but journey of a thousand steps begins with one, etc.

This looks so great, Sophia! It already makes me want to read this series.

I've actually been making some progress with mine. I made a layout, which I now hate, and now that I've written a couple of pages, I've realised that it's also not a practical layout, oops. So I need to remake it.
a spoony bard