Staircase Spirit

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
ritabuuk

Staircase Spirit

Post by ritabuuk »

Dubiousdisc and I have started what I guess is technically a blog site of sorts: Staircase Spirit. We wanted a place where we could write articles about various head-canons, fridge logic, rants, raves, and the like in a place where they do not need to be fully fleshed out fansites and where we could always go back and edit and add to what we've written before.

Currently there are three articles, and while it is 66% Pokemon-related right now, and we intend to write a lot more about Pokemon, we also will write about things other than Pokemon, we promise. :P
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Staircase Spirit

Post by nyxmidnight »

omg I love the naaaaaaaaaaaame!!!

I'm also curious as to what this runs on, and I look forward to more posts :)
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

HEY this is awesome! LOL I should probably start up a similar screaming blog at some point and then we can affiliate and inspire each other to scream more xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Robin wrote:HEY this is awesome! LOL I should probably start up a similar screaming blog at some point and then we can affiliate and inspire each other to scream more xD
I am down for this xD
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

This is so fun! Thanks for sharing ♥
I love reading people's ramblings.
ritabuuk

Post by ritabuuk »

nyxmidnight wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:14 am omg I love the naaaaaaaaaaaame!!!

It runs on... us, lol. In the PHP, we currently have it set up with an Article object, so each article can know its title and author and so on. And all the Article objects are in a list. The front page goes through the list and asks all the articles to print their preview link. And when you view the article, at the top the article will print its own title and info, and at the bottom, the article will find its place in the list to get the links to the next and previous articles. I strongly suspect it could be very much optimized and improved, but it is working for now, and Dubiousdisc is managing to stop me from making the code too complicated before I actually, you know, write more articles. :P
Robin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 pm HEY this is awesome! LOL I should probably start up a similar screaming blog at some point and then we can affiliate and inspire each other to scream more xD
Do it! Let's scream together! Yay!
Destinie wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:46 pm This is so fun! Thanks for sharing ♥
I love reading people's ramblings.
I am glad you enjoy. :heart:
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

ritabuuk wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:00 am
nyxmidnight wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:14 am omg I love the naaaaaaaaaaaame!!!

It runs on... us, lol. In the PHP, we currently have it set up with an Article object, so each article can know its title and author and so on. And all the Article objects are in a list. The front page goes through the list and asks all the articles to print their preview link. And when you view the article, at the top the article will print its own title and info, and at the bottom, the article will find its place in the list to get the links to the next and previous articles. I strongly suspect it could be very much optimized and improved, but it is working for now, and Dubiousdisc is managing to stop me from making the code too complicated before I actually, you know, write more articles. :P
HOLY HECK you're amazing! I thought it ran on maybe WP or a static blog generator but this is even more rad!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

@nyxmidnight Our thought was that we wanted to have each page have a base template, but with different headers and details and colors according to what we want out of each article. Stuff like Wordpress seemed like way overkill and I'm not sure how easy it would be to get it to do what we wanted anyway, so instead we did this :D

Ritabuuk can be hard on herself all she wants, but actually it works already pretty well! It's already very light and does what we wanted so I say it's a success 8)

(By the way, there's a new article and it's not Pokemon-related, so we're managing not to sink so far XD)

We also added a Disqus-powered comment section, just in case :eyes:
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

...a...a...y-you mean to tell me that....y'all made...a better version of wordpress....?

*floored*
*sound of crashing through several floors*
*basemented*

MAD SKILLZ YO 8D

...also why did I forget to start my screaming blog xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Omg you two, this is awesome! A better version of CMS that is LIGHTWEIGHT *o* I love how it looks and I LOVE that name. The article for the Tumblr post block for nsfw and the Unicode fix for mobile were A+.

Seeing this makes me want to get back into blogging lol
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.