Progress Check

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Destinie

Progress Check

Post by Destinie »

Hi all!

It's May and we're about 5 months into 2017. I thought it would be fun for everyone to post their progress on their shrine goals this year!

Did you make any goals? If so, what are they? How far along are you? What, if anything, is hindering your progress?

For me, my goals were to finish my Godzilla and Litten shrines. So far, I have made very little progress this year. ORZ I wanted to have my Litten site done by now at least...NOPE. Between working a lot and currently working to renovate my office at home I haven't had any time. I wish I could take a whole week off to just work on knocking out some art and sites. ;)
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Re: Progress Check

Post by Tara »

My main goals at the beginning of the year were to finish my Ranka shrine and at least ONE Fire Emblem shrine... I've accomplished at least one of those goals so far, and that was finishing up my Ranka shrine!! The main thing hindering my Fire Emblem progress is... Persona 5... orz. I'm planning on playing and making quite a few shrines from the series so Fire Emblem is on hold for a while!
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

My main goals for 2017 are to revamp older sites with Google Fonts, plus finish my Eighth Doctor site and my Sound of Music site.

As you can see from my revamp and updates tags, things got pretty busy in the first three months of the year! I completed SEVEN revamps that desperately needed doing, plus cleaned up a couple other sites...phew. It was a whirlwind, I tell ya!

However, I took the month of April off unofficially, mostly because my mom became so ill (Dad and I think now that she had some form of cancer), and I just couldn't concentrate on anything knowing that she was in pain and suffering. I think I also sort of knew subconsciously that she was dying at that point, and I didn't want to be sequestered away in my room working on stuff when I needed to be in her room spending what moments I could with her.

In the end I'm glad it turned out the way it did, and maybe there will be some more updates in 2017 for WMWorg, but I'm not going to hold myself firmly to anything. Family and grief will need to come first for a while. In that light I am happy that I had such a burst of productivity earlier, so I can feel better about being lazy xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Tara: You are on a roll this year! :D

@Robin: I love how organized and productive you are! I'm also so sorry to hear about your mother. :( If you need someone to listen please feel free to message me any time. *hugs*
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I can't believe it's already May omg why

Anyway, I guess my main shrine goal was to get something done for Fictional Worlds and hey! Something was done! Less than I expected, since I've spent most of this year being sick and so when I could do stuff, my priorities where elsewhere. But something was definitely done, the Oblivion site is actually up and there's a lot of stuff to read and I know what to write for the rest, so I guess I did the hardest part already!

I've also been working behind the scenes on other fansite-related projects that I don't know when they'll be ready, but they're happening and hmm hmm hmm...
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

My main goal at the beginning of the year was to get my Gabranth shrine up, which I did back in the beginning of February and I am fairly happy about that.

After that, things were moving slowly for me due to some internal personal issues I was/am still having with myself... but my main focus at the moment is to actually complete my shrine for the Fictional Worlds event, which have been progressing slowly but I do have at least one section written, two more sections started, and a few I've planned out in my head, so I'll take what I can manage at the moment. :)
"Spread your wings in the stormy winds..."
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Finoa congrats on getting your Gabranth shrine up! Just take it a step at a time and I'm sure you'll be able to finish your site for the event! ^_^/

@DubiousDisc I hope you're feeling healthier now! ;__; Good luck on your projects~!