Amassment Friending Meme!

Browse all previous Activities!
Sophia

Re: Amassment Friending Meme!

Post by Sophia »

Hello! I am...
Name: Sophia
Collective: raygunsueORG
A cool shrine you've made: *tumbleweeds* Still hacking away on this Quisits shrine.
Let's chat: Hit me up!

Your choice of...

Characters:
Molly Grue, of the Last Unicorn.
Keladry of Mindelan from the Protector of the Small Series - Tamora Pierce.
Spike, from Buffy.
Quistis Trepe, of FFVIII.
Roger Sterling, of Mad Men.
Zarya, of Overwatch.
Antimony Carver, of Gunnerkrigg Court.
Gert, of the Runaways.

Games: I am a moody gamer.
Show/HideSPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I play Armello, Faeria and Slime Rancher when I wake up on Saturday and want to procrastinate cooking for the week, or Lethis: Path of Progress if I TRULY do not want to do anything; I play Kentucky Route Zero when I get home and it's dark and I'm tired and I want something interesting, but not scary, or funky meta-games, like Beginner's guide, or the Shape of Heart, or even Stardew Valley if I am really feeling like my life is Joja Mart; I play various dating games usually in little marathons, Hustle Cat I played through once and mean to get right back to, and to be honest it is often when I am like 'welp Friday night' and mixing a gin and tonic; I like platformer-puzzle-y types, because they feel the most ... game-y of games, and sometimes I want to just get lost in a mechanic, like Downwell (though damnit, I have yet to get far), and can endlessly restart that. The games that I feel like character 'rich' (Mass Effect, any FF game, most JRPGS) are the hardest to prep for. I feel like it has to be light out, and I have to have a wide swathe of time, so I can save whenever I need to, so often that has to be saved for the weekend. And with those games, if I don't make the right amount of 'progress', I feel like a failure, so that's part of saving them for when I am mostly emotionally resilient, but it's also because I tend to play them in gulps rather than sips.

Shows: If it is a cool sci-fi / fantasy with emphasis on characterization or goofiness, I'll probably love it. Mad Men and Buffy are touchstones of taste for me. I rewatch a lot of comedies before I go to bed, Bob's Burgers, Futurama, 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, to relax. In highschool, I watched anime often, an interest I want to return to.
Movies:
Show/HideSPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The Big Lebowski. The Fall. Man With A Movie Camera. Notably, those are the only classy ones that come to mind, and truth be told, I spend most of my time rewatching teen movies (10 Things I Hate About You, Clueless, I know all of Paul Walker's lines from She's All That (CHECK OUT THE BO-BO'S ON SUPERFREAK)), the BBC Pride and Prejudice, Mystery Science Theatre 3000: This Island Earth, The Fast and The Furious (And Fast and Furious: TOKYO DRIFT). I like to go out to a theatre to watch something good, because left to my own devices I start to multitask (and so not watch at all) if I watch something new. "Jodorowsky's Dune" forever charmed me, though I liked but did not love Dune and didn't care of El Topo directed by Jodorowsky, at least partially because of what a character Jodorowsky is, and I often quote weird bits from that film. There's this moment where he's trying to get Salvador Dali to star in the film, and Dali says in this French cafe, "Picasso and I often lost clocks in the sand. Have you ever lost clocks in the sand?" And Jodorowsky knows that if he says no, he looks like an idiot and Dali won't be in the movie, and if he says yes he'll come off as pompous, and so he says: "No, I never found them, but I often lost them." I think about that when I think about how to turn a situation around - it's not always yest or no. And with movies, more than books, I like to re-watch to remind myself of things like that. Morals-of-the-story, I guess!

Music: White Stripes. LCD Soundsystem. Kanye West. Joni Mitchell. Franz Ferdinand. Rolling Stones. Beatles. Weezer. PC Music. Nicki Minaj. J. Cole. The Killers. Decemberists. Sparks. Cake. of Montreal. ABBA. I grew up on classic rock radio, then got into indie snobbery when I ripped through Soulseek (#tbt), then grew out of that nonsense. I like a lot of different things, but these are all things I would recognizably search for - in general I like a strong beat. That makes a certain type of rap music, disco, techno, and pop really appealling to me.

(But, to be honest, I mostly listen song-by-song these days and shove what I'm currently listening to into a monthly playlist, though I was a big album person when I was younger. Note also that my Spotify 'Most Listened To' of 2016 features more than one Flo Rida song.)

Other interests:
Blogging, tarot, D&D, WWE (very, very casually). I have a master's degree in philosophy, which I feel I have to mention frequently until I pay it off in, oh, ten years. *manly tears*

If I were...
An animal: Capybara.
A plant: Fern.
A color: Orange. Purple. PURANGE.
An element: Surprise.
A verb: Laze.
An adjective adverb: Ostensibly.

If a narrator were to describe you, how would they do so:
I've noticed, in playing Dungeons & Dragons, that despite being a decent spell caster, I expend a lot of energy assiduously trying to make sure nothing happens. So I feel like my narrator would describe me in a My Dinner With Andre way - ain't no car chases, except mental ones, the duck's feet paddling frantically under a serene duck. That's not always as negative as that may sound? Like, one of my great pleasures is drinking games to crummy movies, and I think of that as a kind of sitting in place. This movie isn't going to change your life. You will learn nothing new about your friends. But it's so lovely to be there, to commit to the game, and to just be with your friends in a way that isn't even about each other (you're not really conversing, no new information, just a shared direction of attention), but it is about what you do together. That said, every now and again I like a big left turn. So maybe they'd describe me like a duck serenely going along the top of the pond, before standing up on stilts.

RAY GUN SUE
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Hello! I am... Your choice of...
  • Characters: Squall Leonhart (FFVIII), Tifa Lockhart (FFVII), Mimi Tachikawa (Digimon), Ruby Rose (RWBY), Keith (Voltron: LD), Cassandra Cain (Batman), and other moody/emo kids.
    Games: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Psychonauts, Portal
    Shows: Girls, Stranger Things, RWBY, Voltron: Legendary Defender, Haikyuu!!, Chihayafuru, Avatar: the Last Airbender
    Movies: Moonlight, Birdman, Okuribito, Blade Runner
    Music: Damien Rice, Florence + the Machine, Stromae, The Chainsmokers, Diplo... and anything with a sick bass drop, honestly.
    Other interests: traveling, art museums, activism, human & civil rights issues in Japan, eating delicious af cultural dishes.
If I were...
  • An animal: slow loris
    A plant: hydrangea
    A color: black
    An element: air
    A verb: chillin'
    An adjective: confident
No one is quite sure if she gives a f*ck about anything at all, but that glass of wine in her hand is certainly not helping.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I am enjoying reading what animal people say they are... :3
Todd

Post by Todd »

Hello! I am...
Name: Todd
Collective: Nightbringer.net
A cool shrine you've made: Poltergeist
Let's chat: Twitter - dragonzord; Discord - Todd#2396

Your choice of...
Characters: Tidus from Final Fantasy X, Figaro brothers from Final Fantasy VI, the Spoony Bard from Final Fantasy IV, Mega Man, Knuckles the Echidna, Shuuya from Battle Royale, Reiko Tamura from Parasyte, Raki from Claymore, Hei from Darker Than Black, Danielle from Ever After, horror movie antagonists like Chucky and Ghostface, Kara Thrace (Starbuck!) from Battlestar Galactica,... I could go on and on.

Games: Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Fire Emblem, Super Mario Bros

Shows: Battlestar Galactica, Scandal

Movies: Ever After, Scream, Jaws, The Sixth Sense

Music: Classical

Other interests: Writing, playing piano (I suck), reading.

If I were...
An animal: Red-Tailed Hawk
A plant: ?? lol
A color: Red
An element: Wind
A verb: Embrace
An adjective: Dogmatic

I don't think I can be put into words, lol.
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Hello! I am...

Name: Patricia (but many just call me "FandomSavant")
Collective: FandomSavant.com
A cool shrine you've made: I guess my favorite is Emotionally Evocative
Let's chat: Twitter: @FandomSavant ; Email: fandomsavant@gmail.com (are we sensing a theme, here?)

Your choice of...
Characters: Chandler Bing ("Friends" TV series), Willow Rosenberg (Buffyverse), Jack Driscoll ("King Kong" 2005), Lennie Briscoe (Law & Order)
Games: Scrabble/Words With Friends, slot machine apps

Shows: I still watch Friends like crazy, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Law & Order (Briscoe years, bonus points if Dianne Wiest was the DA), Buffy/Angel, old SNL sketches on Hulu and Seeso (Phil Hartman years)...

The only current shows I really watch are The Walking Dead and The Good Place.

Movies: Pretty much anything with Adrien Brody in it (though he's done a few I can't stand), The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Princess Bride, Wes Anderson films, Woody Allen films (yeah, I know... it's a guilty pleasure at this point).

Music: As with TV, I'm still kind of stuck in the past there, too. I love jazz standards, Motown-era soul (late 60s-early 70s), 1980s and 90s pop. Some favorite artists: Wham!/George Michael, Michael Jackson, Color Me Badd, Barenaked Ladies, Jason Mraz, Richard Marx, k.d. lang, The Monkees, Peggy Lee...

Other interests: Making fanlistings and shrines (I guess that's obvious), being a mom, being a wife... I'm also a beader, but haven't been able to do anything in a long time.

If I were...
An animal: Dog, I guess
A plant: Willow tree, or Stargazer Lily (my favorite flower)
A color: Periwinkle ;)
An element: Oxygen
A verb: Hug
An adjective: Geeky? ;)

If a narrator were to describe you, how would they do so: She forms bonds with dogs, without ever learning the name of the human on the other end of the leash. She likes to be alone, but hates to be lonely. She breaks out in song at random times, including while walking around the grocery store. She's awkward.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Medli: NOVEL WRITING BUDDIES *fistbump* :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
high seraph

Post by high seraph »

I've been holding off on participating in this until I launch a new shrine, but!!! That seems like it's gonna take a while tbh! So HERE I AM!!!! :swt2:

Hello! I am...
Name: Lucas!
Collective: storyteller.nightbringer.net
A cool shrine you've made: uhhhh tbh my collective is the coolest thing I've made recently PLEASE STAND BY.
Let's chat: I'm kind of a shadowy presence in the forums, but I'm constantly checking in so it's ok to reach me through PMs, and I sometimes pop into the Discord channel as well.

Your choice of...
Characters: Strong females, interesting villains and inconspicuous LGBT characters.
Games: Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Fire Emblem, Tales of, Zero Escape, Silent Hill are some of my favorite franchises.
Shows: RuPaul's Drag Race, Project Runaway, Black Mirror, Please Like Me, Game of Thrones... This could go on for a long time tbh.
Movies: 500 Days of Summer is a long time favorite. That, and Toy Story.
Music: I'm kind of into pretty much everything except for heavy metal rock? Coldplay and Maroon 5 are some of my long-time favorite bands. I also love listening to video game soundtracks.
Other interests: I earned my bachelor's degree in International Relations in 2016! And I'm very interested in learning other languages -- English was the first one I became fluent in, but I've also gotten a B2 certificate for Spanish, I'm a beginner in French and I can write some 30-something Mandarin characters (I KNOW THAT'S A REALLY SMALL NUMBER BUT I'M VERY PROUD OF IT OKAY, MANDARIN IS REALLY HARD). I'm considering putting my Mandarin studies on hold for the time being and move onto Japanese though, but idk.

If I were...
An animal: hmm I'm not very fond of animals actually. Do moogles count?
A plant: a pretty flower. :blush:
A color: teal or orange!
An element: I'm a Capricorn, so I have to say Earth.
A verb: EAT.
An adjective: perfectionist.

If a narrator were to describe you, how would they do so: Lucas is a quiet young man who can never get anything done because he's constantly obsessing over every tiny little detail and overdesigning everything he works on.
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.