Pink Diamonds: Diancie of Pokemon

From April to the end of December 2016, have courage to start and share your in-progress works! Release your shrines unfinished, and use community enthusiasm and feedback as fuel to keep working on them.
Mikari

Re: Pink Diamonds: Diancie of Pokemon

Post by Mikari »

Nice :D I like how this is going ^^
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Mikari! Me too. I've been a bit slacking but I plan to do some work here soon. I'd like to finish her by the end of the month so here goes!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Crystaaaaaaal, how did you manage to find the perfect heading font for this shrine wtf!
Crystal wrote:My only major concern with this layout is the font used in the <h1> tags and navigation. The font itself is actually really small so I had to make the text size really big (the <h1> is 70px) to make it work.
omg I know exactly what you mean; I'm so thrown off whenever I have a font where I have to set the font-size to something huge... even though it's not like it's "bigger" than other fonts at a smaller size. Maybe I should poke someone who has an explanation for this lol.

I never use legendaries in the games, so I enjoy reading up about them. :D

Love the content link hover colour. :D
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I don't know Lethe. I somehow did haha.

I don't usually use them either but omg I'd havie Diancie in my party all the time if I could. It's so awesome. <3

Thanks Lethe! :D
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

I really admire how productive you are, Crystal. The number of sites you have is really great. And I'm really looking forward to the rest of your shrine. Your basics page is really detailed, and the animated sprite inserts add a really nice touch.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Masao! :D
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Got some new pages up! Uploaded pages for Pokedex, Learnset, and Carbink! :D
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Awesome! The new pages look really nice. I love your comparisons to Carbink because I think that's such a unique connection to a non-legendary Pokemon. I didn't know they had a similar moveset.

There's a little typo on that page by the way!
same base stats as well including Heath
Great job! Can't wait to see more! (Especially excited for the Evolution page)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Excellent work, Crystal! The Learnset page is so well-formatted (those table cell borders and padding tho!!! <3 #undercovertablefreak )

And the page about Carbink is really interesting (because I thought Diancie was an evolution of Carbink before reading that!). REALLY great info!!

I had a random idea while looking at the Pokedex page. I was wondering if maybe doing a little more pictorial setup might be cool for presenting the data...say, using 4 images of a Pokedex (like the one below) and then photoshopping in the Diancie sprite from each referenced game. Then, when each Pokedex image is clicked, it reveals the Pokedex entry below, like with a hide/reveal div script?

Or actually, you could even photoshop in the words on the Pokedex image for each game... I dunno how much work you want to put into that page, but it might be neat-looking! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you! :D

@Megan: Oops! That's what I get for being in a rush to get those pages up. I'd better fix that. Thanks for catching it!

@Robin: Ehhh unfortunately I have zero idea on how to do that, and I don't really like the idea. Thanks for the suggestion though!