Farm Story - Bokujo Monogatari (Harvest Moon) series

From April to the end of December 2016, have courage to start and share your in-progress works! Release your shrines unfinished, and use community enthusiasm and feedback as fuel to keep working on them.
Megan A

Farm Story - Bokujo Monogatari (Harvest Moon) series

Post by Megan A »

project currently abandoned, on hiatus, sorry everyone ;_;

Farm Story is my personal tribute to the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons (Bokujo Monogatari) series! The series is huge so I thought this would be a great entry for Construction Zone so I can work on it at my own pace (and also because I have not played every single title in the series yet). I want this shrine to be a fun outlet to analyze and discuss the series!

There's not much up at this time, but I did get the introduction, a series overview, a list of (most) games and descriptions for some, and the site section finished. I have a list of some pages that I've been working on here so hopefully I will have an update soon. I've been having fun working on it and can't wait to finish some of my ideas.

Thank you for looking! I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you see any layout / resolution issues or any other problems!
Last edited by Megan A on Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikari

Re: Farm Story - Bokujo Monogatari (Harvest Moon) series

Post by Mikari »

I like what you have so far. ^^ I didn't know about the Story of Seasons change so thanks for explaining that. Looking forward to seeing more of this site as you update, I'm especially looking forward to the character pages. :D

The layout is super cute and the light green colors fit the series. The background on the left looks a bit out of alignment for me, but maybe that's just because my resolution is smaller, if that's it, then no big deal, it's not too noticeable anyway. If you see it too, then some CSS along the lines of background-position: top 34px left 56px; should align it.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Loving this so far! I've always heard good things about the Harvest Moon & Story of Seasons series, so I'm excited for this tribute! Such a cute design, too :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Looking forward to the more personal pages! Gogogo qt. <O><O> Expecting a log titled "the week I spammed all my Amassment buddies with details about my Story of Seasons love life" under Marriage Candidates.

Caught a mistake, by the way: "Many prefer now refer to the localizations as the Story of Seasons series which include all the old Harvest Moon games." (first four words) :>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Thank you, Mikari! I am really glad you like it! A lot of people don't know about the series change so I thought that section was definitely one of the most important to get up before I plugged! I used the positioning you suggested, and I think it's fixed! Let me know if you can see it still (because I'm really struggling to see it, but it's definitely there for me too).

Thank you, Robin! :D I am glad people seem to be excited about it!

Thanks, Lethe! I plan on ranting about them somehow! I'm not sure if I should subject site visitors to my SoS bachelor spam ... Thanks for pointing out writing mistake. I hopefully fixed it.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It looks perfectly aligned now :D
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Love the button!

I have seen you working on this when we were chatting awhile back online, and I am glad that you have picked this for your construction zone! :D I am excited to see what it looks like when you add the information on the characters and more on the series!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Oooh! Like Megan, I also love the button! XD I also really love the list of games you have so far and I can't wait to see what other information you add. Harvest Moon was always a game I was kind of interested in trying but never really got around to it. I didn't even realise that Rune Factory was kind of a spinoff and I love RF4. :D I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your site for updates! <3
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

This site may look small, but we've only just started to sprout!
MY HEART! (collapses to the floor crying)

It's looking absolutely adorable and I can't wait to see more.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Why have I not commented here yet? I'm super looking forward to this Megan! What you have so far is awesome! <333
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.