[Plug] Friends Thanksgiving Episodes

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
FandomSavant

[Plug] Friends Thanksgiving Episodes

Post by FandomSavant »

I was approved for three fanlistings on the same day (three different categories, too, so that was unexpected). Anyway, they're all coming up due now, so I had to rush this one a little (for instance, there's only one button/code in each size, when I'd planned to have at least 20). I figured it was silly to request an extension just because I wanted more codes and content, when I can always add on, so here we are. ;)

More Turkey, Mr. Chandler?

I've always loved the Friends Thanksgiving episodes (same with The Simpsons' Halloween episodes). I figured it made more sense to apply for the theme than the individual episodes.

Anyway... members, affiliates, comments, etc. are all welcome. ;)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Laura

Re: [Plug] Friends Thanksgiving Episodes

Post by Laura »

Wow, this is a cool idea!! Shows like FRIENDS always had these holiday specific episodes every season so for you to focus on all of them like this is really unique! I'm also loving the humor you're adding to it... the name, the reference to that specific episode... I'm not much of a fan of FRIENDS at all so I haven't actually seen these episodes and I'm actually kinda interested to learn more. XD

If you're successfully able to pull in people like me (who aren't overly interested in the show) and make us want to watch these episodes or learn more, you're doing a perfect job. I look forward to reading your summaries! <3
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

wolfrun wrote:Wow, this is a cool idea!! Shows like FRIENDS always had these holiday specific episodes every season so for you to focus on all of them like this is really unique! I'm also loving the humor you're adding to it... the name, the reference to that specific episode... I'm not much of a fan of FRIENDS at all so I haven't actually seen these episodes and I'm actually kinda interested to learn more. XD

If you're successfully able to pull in people like me (who aren't overly interested in the show) and make us want to watch these episodes or learn more, you're doing a perfect job. I look forward to reading your summaries! <3
Thank you so much!! It really means a lot to me. I'm so glad it's drawn your interest. My favorites are the first few, but they're all funny. :) I'm looking forward to writing the summaries, too. I'm bummed I ran out of time to do that before the opening. I was tempted to paste from Wiki (with credit, of course), but I want to personalize it more.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Laura

Post by Laura »

FandomSavant wrote:Thank you so much!! It really means a lot to me. I'm so glad it's drawn your interest. My favorites are the first few, but they're all funny. :) I'm looking forward to writing the summaries, too. I'm bummed I ran out of time to do that before the opening. I was tempted to paste from Wiki (with credit, of course), but I want to personalize it more.
No problem! :) I think you should definitely take the time to write your own personal summaries, rather than copying what Wiki has! Your writing is pretty good and it's nice to hear the personal side to things. It's okay to take your time! XD
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

This is a great idea, as already mentioned! Plus, the monochromatic layout is organized well, and brings focus both to the content and the (hilarious) pictures in the header. :D

Looking forward to the episode summaries! I've only watched at a couple of eps of Friends in my lifetime, so it will be all new to me! :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

wolfrun wrote: No problem! :) I think you should definitely take the time to write your own personal summaries, rather than copying what Wiki has! Your writing is pretty good and it's nice to hear the personal side to things. It's okay to take your time! XD
Robin wrote:This is a great idea, as already mentioned! Plus, the monochromatic layout is organized well, and brings focus both to the content and the (hilarious) pictures in the header. :D

Looking forward to the episode summaries! I've only watched at a couple of eps of Friends in my lifetime, so it will be all new to me! :)
Your support is awesome! :) Thanks for the compliments on my writing, wolfrun. I've always loved writing, especially about my opinions. Ha ha.

About the color scheme: I'd originally done a "thanksgiving colors" scheme: browns, orange, dark red... then I decided shades of brown with a contrasting link color (the teal) was less distracting. I'm glad I was right about that. Thanks, Robin. :-)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Andrea

Post by Andrea »

I love the simple and clean layout you have!

I've only watched a few episodes of Friends, but I'm looking forward to the episode summaries! I also think it'd be really cool to maybe include a memorable quotes section for each episode? From what I've watched and the .gifs I've seen on Tumblr, I have a feeling these episodes have a ton of funny quotes to pick from, haha.

In any case, I'm definitely interested in seeing how you expand the site! :3
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Looks great so far! I love Friends so I can't wait to see more added to it. I love the little bit about why you chose the name and also the extra field! Great job. :)
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Andrea wrote:I love the simple and clean layout you have!

I've only watched a few episodes of Friends, but I'm looking forward to the episode summaries! I also think it'd be really cool to maybe include a memorable quotes section for each episode? From what I've watched and the .gifs I've seen on Tumblr, I have a feeling these episodes have a ton of funny quotes to pick from, haha.

In any case, I'm definitely interested in seeing how you expand the site! :3
Megan A wrote:Looks great so far! I love Friends so I can't wait to see more added to it. I love the little bit about why you chose the name and also the extra field! Great job. :)
Thank you both so much! I'm looking forward to fleshing out the content soon. As soon as I get all my upcoming stuff built. ;-) Quotes and favorite moments are definitely in the plan.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

I have five of the episode synopses done now, with five to go. Progress. ;)

Hi! I'm Patricia.