Shatter Me

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Shatter Me

Post by Megan »

Although I am a week late, I finally finished my tribute to Kagura from InuYasha. I am really pleased to finish this site, especially because it was a project I had when I owned dark-ocean.net that I never finished.

I really enjoyed writing about her character, even though she is a minor one. I felt like she deserved to get some recognition in the fan-based community we have here!

So, please take a look at Shatter Me and let me know what you think! I also for once in my life included a fan art I drew on this site! I posted it on twitter a week or so ago, so some of you may have seen it. Haha, I feel kind of funny about it because it's not the best, but it's also really nice to have something I drew on one of my websites!!

ANYWAYS. yessss. I am happy I finally finished :)
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Lethe

Re: Shatter Me

Post by Lethe »

Gosh I'm so happy there's finally a shrine for Kagura again, since she's my favourite Inu Yasha character (and perhaps favourite Rumiko Takahashi character) - I remember joining Amassment in 2012 and wanting this shrine, so I'm happy you've finished it at last! <3

I like the colours of your layout and the shrine's name very much. :heart:

You've got some very interesting pages on that shrine, approach some of them in a way I wouldn't have thought of (Fujin under the element of wind; not just mentioning Kagura's physical heart on the heart page, but whether or not she figuratively has a heart, i.e. compassion - ALL THOSE KINGDOM HEARTS SHRINES ARE CLEARLY PAYING OFF jk), and I learned plenty of new tidbits while reading it (weapon, dancer). (There's an IY video game and one of Kagura's attacks is summoning her sister WHAT.)

"Spider" and "Comparisons to Kikyo" really stand out to me though because I've never thought about those topics and have never seen IY discussions mention them either - perhaps because I haven't invested as much thought in Naraku's role in Kagura's life AND design before besides the obvious.

The Sesshoumaru/Kagura enthusiast in me would love to see Kagura's role in his growth mentioned on the Sesshoumaru page, since after her death, she is mentioned once more as she is spoken ill off by some random character, which stirs something inside Sesshoumaru and allows him to mature (reflected in the power-up his sword receives). Something along the lines of "I'm the one to decide whether your life/death held any meaning" and him treasuring her memory. :star:

Lovely way to show how much the character means to you by including your own fanart by the way. <3
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Kotono

Post by Kotono »

I'm so happy to see another IY site, especially to Kagura!

I like your color scheme and organization a lot. Everything is very clearly laid out so the writing really stands out as the focal point. I especially like your page about abusive relationships and how to get help. It's a really nice way to comment on the character while relating it to real issues that fans might deal with.

Very nice job!
"I am the forests. I am the leaves of the trees. My heartbeat is the breath of the earth." --Sailor Jupiter
twitterflavors.me
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Congratulations on finishing it. :D It's very detailed, totally worth the time. ^_^
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Well done! Woot! Glad you got it finished! (Isn't it awesome to FINALLY get that longed-for shrine done? :D :D :D)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Congratulations on finishing! Lovely colours you used.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Lethe - Thanks so much for all of the compliments! I can definitely tell you actually read through my site :D I had a lot of fun working on this site and adding some pages that I felt stood out in my mind about her! I really wanted to talk about how she related to Kikyou and what spiders represented because I felt like they were things I never really saw talked about either! I will definitely add some more about Sesshomaru and Kagura. I know what scene you are talking about too! I just forgot about it. :) Thanks again!!

@Kotono - Thank you! I really felt a little awkward at first about the abusive relationships page, especially because I am not a professional by any means! But i felt like giving some basic information could really help someone out. :) Glad you enjoyed the read and my site! :D

@Mikari, Robin, Nyx - Thanks guys! I am really excited to have Kagura finally up and running :D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I am really happy to see a shrine to Kagura. She's one of my favorite Inuyasha villains and this shrine is amazing. I haven't been able to read through too much of it, but what I have read is very enjoyable to read. Congrats on finishing it! <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.