Strength of Heart

From February 2015 to August 2015, we are challenging members to create sites to subjects that debuted in the 20th Century! Grab your walkman, unpack your SNES, drag out your vintage comics, and dust off those VHS tapes.
Lethe

Re: Strength of Heart

Post by Lethe »

Sorry for the inconvenience! My host made an announcement today to say there'll be a brief downtime. XD Hopefully it'll be back up soon. :>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

No worries, it happens. ^_^ I hope they get stuff fixed up soon.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

The layout is really beautiful! I like how it feels like an old map or something xD You have so much information with lots of pictures! (I love pictures on site pages) I like the information about the element spirits and all of the spirit beasts! I love information like that. This site is making me want to get into this series! Hopefully I'll have time this year to start it up. Congrats on the amazing site Lethe, great job!!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I really really really love this site's layout, it's like those old books where they did everything by hand, and it's promising a fun adventure.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

:heart: :star: :heart: !! Your site deserves all the happy emotes ok.

I found the JRPG page OK to read but it could probably stand to be broken down a little more. Perhaps go through the list and break the bullet points down by category (of the tropes they're talking about) or simply chronologically by volume? That might help with ease of reading.

Aside from that though the appendix was all so great. I know I'm going to be coming back to the articles there time and time again to savor them. :heart:

You've really inspired me with this site! I have all sorts of ideas on how to approach a couple future sites now, as well as improve current ones (like my FF12 and FF13 ones, haha). So thank you! :heart:
tonight fate is the
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

@Megan:
Youuu have excellent eyes. 8Db I'm ridiculously proud of the elemental spirits and summons sections even though they're not much content, simply because they're never the focus in the manga, yet are an adorbable element of Cephiro. XD I included them spontaneously! Thank youu. <3 The manga is only six volumes, so it's not that much to digest. :music:

@Camy:
Thank you! :D I'm overwhelmed by the many nice comments I've received for the layout!

@Larissa:
:music2: :star: :heart:

Oooh good point, I just listed all the things in chronological order, but didn't think of breaking it up further beyond similarities/differences. Your post gave me the idea to split it up by story elements and game mechanics, so I'll go do that now. :D

Gosh managing to inspire someone is such high praise!! Looking forward to your projects!! :heart:

@dubiousdisc:
I tried increasing the size of the font, and 17px does make it look better in Firefox, but simultaneously caused it to be less readable in Chrome by seemingly cutting off parts of the letters. o_O" 18px on the other hand is too big for me, so I'll leave it as is for now. Thanks so much for playing around with it for me though; if I run into a similar problem again in future, I'll be trying this again. :D

Thanks so much for the feedback and suggestions, everyone! \o/
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I'm super late on this but I absolutely love the look and feel of the layout. I don't know too much about the subject but I still plan to read through it when I have the chance. Awesome job!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

This is such a great site, Lethe! I love that it is dedicated to a world. That's a unique subject. And there is just so much information, too! I haven't read through the whole thing, but I have enjoyed what I've read so far. I like MKR even though I only got the first part of the series read. But now your site is really making me want to finish it. :D And before I forget, the layout is simply gorgeous, too.

Great work!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Thank you, Crystal and Sarah! <3
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Really?? That's not long at all. I'll definitely read it this summer and then we can chat about it!! :D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.