Lullaby

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Crystal

Lullaby

Post by Crystal »

So I've been working on this shrine since last June and so I'm super excited to finally say I am finished! I've been working on this site for so long I almost thought it would never see the light of day. I'm so glad that is not the case. I'm really happy with the way everything turned out but I'm also super nervous about it as it is my most opinionated shrine so far. I have a couple more pages I'd like to add in the future but for now I hope you enjoy. :D
Lullaby
Princess Zelda of The Legend of Zelda
Any comments and critiques are greatly appreciated. Trying to make a shrine for a character that's different in each game was hard.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Lullaby

Post by Robin »

First of all: *HUGGGGGGG* for completing a "favorite character" shrine! I have yet to do this with several of my fav characters because of the same reasoning (feel like I won't do them justice, etc.), so I know that feel.

Second of all: WELL DONE! I know you're missing a couple of pages yet, but that just makes for more update fodder later. What you have already is well-fleshed-out and easy to read, even for someone like me who has never played any of the LoZ games (yes, yes, I know, I've been living under a rock for 20-odd years). I'm really looking forward to those last two pages as to what you add :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Robin! *hugs back* <3 I'm so happy to have been able to finish her shrine. I know what you mean though. That was my biggest worry for Zelda and I was almost afraid I bit off more than I could chew with a general Zelda shrine. I'm really happy I made the attempt though.

For sure! I don't really have anything set in mind that I'd like to do for those pages yet so I'm waiting to do them. Gives visitors something to look forward to I think. :P I'm really glad it's easy to read. That was a concern I had while writing it too. You should pay a Legend of Zelda game! They're really great!
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Ah Crystal it looks great! Congrats on finishing it :). It was pleasant read; I really enjoyed the "wisdom" section, what a great way to interpret Zelda's aspect of the Triforce. I'm looking forward to the "playlist" section :D.
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Seconding the "awaiting playlist" sentiment. Are you going to have the songs actually playable through the site? :D (If you are, I'd recommend GrooveShark as a good way to embed a playlist onto the site)
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you girls! :D

@Robin: I was thinking of using OpenTape again like I used on my OOT and Song of Storms shrines but I may have to check out GrooveShark too. Where can I find it?
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Like I said on twitter it's wonderful to see this online. I've been looking forward to it and it's certainly worth it. Also looking forward to the evolution page. Zelda has a lot of different versions, so that'll be an interesting topic.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Mikari! :D
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

AHHHHH GONNA GO READ THIS RIGHT NOW <3 SO HAPPY FOR YOU CRYSTAL :D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Crystal wrote:Thank you girls! :D

@Robin: I was thinking of using OpenTape again like I used on my OOT and Song of Storms shrines but I may have to check out GrooveShark too. Where can I find it?
You can head to Grooveshark.com--you'll sign up for a free account, then create a playlist using GrooveShark's seemingly endless list of playable songs. (I found a lot of obscure ones I wasn't sure I'd be able to find!) Then you click "Share" on your playlist page, and hit the "Embed" function to get code to put it on your site.

As far as I know, Grooveshark doesn't allow you to upload your own media, but I could be wrong. Check out how my Grooveshark playlist displays and see if you like it!
withinmyworld.org