Howling Moon

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
Emma
Time Traveler

Howling Moon

Post by Emma »

Second Creature Feature done! This is for Red XIII/Nanaki from Final Fantasy VII. :)

This was really fun to make, and I'm quite happy with how it's turned out!
a spoony bard
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Howling Moon

Post by Larissa »

I wasn't gonna reply until tomorrow but I'm stuck in an airport waiting for a flight and had plenty of time to read through this. Emma, this is lovely! Nanaki has always gotten the short end of the stick both in fandom and the Compilation and this is a fantastic dedication to him. Honestly I loved all the sections but I particularly loved that you went into so much depth on Case of Nanaki -- I really love how they expanded his character in it.

I also really love the layout! It's simple but it's very fitting. I will say that the lined background doesn't quite line up with the text on my screen (Chrome, 1366x768), just so you know!

I will hassle you for affiliation when I have another site up c:
tonight fate is the
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Plushie Puppy! Like I said on Twitter I love him so it's good to see a great shrine for him. <3 I also enjoyed the case of Nanaki, he has a lot of depth to his character that doesn't often get much attention.

About the lines in the background, it only lines up in lines some for me, maybe changing the line-height will fix it, but it's just a tiny detail. Awesome site overall. :)
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

AH, this looks fantastic! I just shot you an email via your contact form!
Howling Moon was a very enjoyable read and I got through it in one sitting. I was completely unaware about Deneh, so that was fantastic.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Wow, Emma! I love the layout, and I love little shrines like this! Too often, we feel we have to create beasts. I read a little of it, but I don't want to spoil too much. I still haven't played FF7 yet, believe it or not. :( I like that you guys call it the Complication, lol.
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

I love this and i love Red XIII so much. I'm glad im not the only one who thought he and Yuffie made good buddies. Love the layout too. clean and simple. :)
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Thank you all so much! :heart:

Larissa & Mikari - You know, the background gave me such hassle and I meant to go back to it and fix it before I uploaded it...and completely forgot. I think I just got used to looking at it like that.

Larissa, I await your affiliation request. ;) (I also may have applied for the Red fanlisting when I realised he didn't have one yesterday whoops)

Todd - for some reason I'm shocked to hear you haven't played FFVII! But I think for some reason I just assume everyone who's into FF HAS played it which is probably quite presumptuous now that I think about it. ;) I hope you enjoy it whenever you do get to play it! It must be hard to have an unbiased opinion of a game like this.

But yeah, I'd have like to have added more to it, but there isn't a whole lot of info available about Nanaki. I think it's a site I'll add to here and there, though, as I think of things.

Snow - got your email and shall respond tonight! And thank you, glad you enjoyed it and that you learned something haha.

Eimii - I'm so glad other people like Red too, he tends to get overshadowed a wee bit. :) So it's been really nice to see people get so happy about seeing a site to him. <3
a spoony bard
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I really like your shrine, Emma! I have only read a few pages, as I haven't played FFVII yet and I don't want to be spoiled, haha. But it's a good tribute and I love the simplicity of the layout as well! Good job! :star:
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I've read through part of it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The way you wrote it made it really fun to read. The layout is also awesome. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Chibi and Crystal - thank you so much! I'm so happy with this little site right now, haha. :)
a spoony bard